Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for in put on Shackles... which are good which are not....

Reversal kit yes or no????

Thanks

Wrom

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the M.O.R.E. shackles.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
There are a lot of good shackles out there. I have Warrior Products shackles and they seem well built and strong. I have been considering the shackle reversal too. Go for it and let me know how it works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shackles

I am thinking of the revolver shackles, they say they get better articulation and less axle wrap...

Any commintes?

·
Registered
164 Posts
My best buddy has them on his CJ6. The work great.
Look into the Z box for a YJ though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Those X cast stainless are cool as hell!!! Do they come w/ lift? like a 1.5 or 2 inch? is cast brittle like cast iron,? or no?I might buy those just for uniqueness alone! Now those revolver shackles....since our YJ employs the use of leafs,and thus leaf shackles, the shackles come in contact FIRST with alot of trail obsticles (rocks,logs,whatever)due to the forward position,and they drop a good four inches below stock,tube,or even most compitition bumpers. Now,my question and or comment is can the revolvers handle that type of trauma and still stay in correct alignments ? Will the revolving aspect diminish with age? (rust,banging off boulders...blah,blah) Do they need greasing? Because if something goes wrong on the trail (which it will) I will loose that whole leaf spring. Not just one broke leaf,or a damaged stock type shackle,but the entire side of my axel will be out of commission. So im a little sceptical of movable parts on my leaf spring configuration...Im probbably out in left field on this but I havent seen them in heavy use. Do "they" make a skid guard for shackles? they should...

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I have seen the revolver shackles on hard core rigs in magazines running in the big rocks and have read good reviews. I do not know anyone personally that has much actual experience with them. I have seen them used with a shackle reversal quite a bit too. That will at least get them away from that initial impact, but require a heavily modified drive shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts