Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I went to the dealership and got my tire rotation because I hit my 15k miles mark.. keep in mind before yesterday this past weekend I went to Yosemite and San Fran, with that being said everything drives fine with no issues.. so back to yesterday after the dealers I went home and seemed okay, spare time kept on making the shaking sound as if they didn't tighten it all the way but I got home and tightened it myself, but this morning on my way to work after I hit 40mph, I get this shaking on steering wheel, not as bad as I seen videos of the "Death Wobble" but it's half as close to that.. any one would know why? I'm taking it back to the dealers today but if it's just a tire rotation, what could have gone wrong for this to happen?

·
Registered
281 Posts
it's just a balance issue on the tires I had the same thing after i bought my jeep last year and they rebalanced the wheels and tires and everything was fine just take it back to them and have it redone. I take my jeep to discount tire and they rotate and rebalance my tires.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's just a balance issue on the tires I had the same thing after i bought my jeep last year and they rebalanced the wheels and tires and everything was fine just take it back to them and have it redone. I take my jeep to discount tire and they rotate and rebalance my tires.
thanks for the input, I'm at the dealer right now and they want to charge me $100 for a balance, so F that, i told them to put them back how they were and Ima go to a shop I went where they did my balance and get everything done there instead

·
Registered
281 Posts
no problem. sounds good. that's typical stealership price I go to discount tire for my rotations and balance never had a problem and since i buy my tires from there i get it done for free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts