Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parts List:
1.) FRONT BUMPER---BRAND: XJEEP
2.) WINCH---BRAND: WARN
3.) REAR BUMPER---BRAND: XJEEP
4.) SIDE RAIL---BRAND: XJEEP
5.) TAILLIGHT GUARD---BRAND: XJEEP
6.) 3" LIFT --- BRAND: FOX AND AEV
7.) TRACK BAR AND TRACK BAR SETTING --- BRAND: XJEEP
Photoes:

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
i dont get it... is this to show off what the chinese are making for the jk aftermarket? is this a chinese jeep replica or what?? either way, can't say i care

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sure looks like a AEV front and rear bumper knock off to me

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sure looks like a AEV front and rear bumper knock off to me
Yeah, that sucks if they are just cheap knockoffs. Too bad that you can get away with anything in a country like that, which is why mega corporations will keep having shit built there. My suggestion... don't support whatever the hell xjeep is if that isn't legitimate AEV gear. They spent the time and money (employing Americans at a real wage) to engineer the parts. If you like the aesthetic, then pony up and pay the real prices.

·
Administrator
2020 Jeep Gladiator
42,796 Posts
Okay guys, lets cut the OP some slack, he's from China and proud of what is countrymen make.

I'm a patriotic American and would rather buy American when ever given the choice. :thumb:
However, we live in a global community, thanks to the internet, so we need to respect other's opinions even if we don't agree with them. It's no different than people from one state saying their (fill in the blank) is better than another.
I'm okay with thread as long as it doesn't turn into another "Jeep production moving to China" thread (which isn't happening by the way):popcorn:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, that sucks if they are just cheap knockoffs. Too bad that you can get away with anything in a country like that, which is why mega corporations will keep having shit built there. My suggestion... don't support whatever the hell xjeep is if that isn't legitimate AEV gear. They spent the time and money (employing Americans at a real wage) to engineer the parts. If you like the aesthetic, then pony up and pay the real prices.
You realize pretty much everything that is American made will still have some percentage of parts from china. I work for a small manufacturing company, and while 80%-90% of the parts are domestic, it still wouldn't exist with out importing some of the components because you still have to be competitive.

People always say they will pay more for 100% American products, until you actually show them the price of such a thing. Hell you can buy American made underwear if you want......50 bucks a pair....I doubt you will though, it's real easy to say "only buy American" it's a whole other story to actually be able to afford that statement.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
...aaaaaand there goes this thread.

·
Registered
873 Posts
@ MattJKU - Hey! I'll have you know I do buy 50 dollar American underwear. It's fire retardant and moisture wicking...too bad it wears out so quickly. Wickers...VS for men.

Seriously though, the OP deserves a better and more constructive shake than he's getting thus far.

After all, in a forum where so many folks admit their mods are just for looks are we really going to bag on someone for making some...gasp...aesthetically based mods?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Seriously though, the OP deserves a better and more constructive shake than he's getting thus far.

After all, in a forum where so many folks admit their mods are just for looks are we really going to bag on someone for making some...gasp...aesthetically based mods?
Well, I am sticking to my stance. Most the jeeps in my town run AEV gear. The full kit. It is nice stuff. It is very aesthetically pleasing. There is nothing wrong with that. And if xjeep is just importing genuine AEV gear and selling it, then my recommendation would be, if you like it, buy it. You won't be disapointed. However if this is a thread about a company making knockoffs of another company's products just because they are beyond the reach of our laws... then hell no, don't buy the stuff! It is not only that AEV is engineered in Montana and produced in Michigan. It is the fact that this is steeling and illegal in the united states. Hell, they prosecute street vendors for selling a knockoff gucci purse in NY, so why should a knockoff $1400 bumper be treated any different.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Lower - hey, man, it's your stance, rock it. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money...I'm not so much about the whole communism thing...which is funny considering the context of this thread.

The problem you run into with bumpers is that they are so conceptually similar that you'd have a very difficult time enforcing intellectual property rights. Heck, people on this forum give folks a hard time for Smittybilt stuff because they allege it has quality issues...so, that would put the the Chinese stuff on par with them?

Think about tube bumpers for a second...how many people do you know that make almost identical tube bumpers...are they infringing on one another? I looked at so many bumpers that were so close to indistinguishable. Hell, why do you think bumpers are so monstrously large probably for the sole purpose of providing a larger canvas to work for brand ID.

China pretty much does its own thing because it can...so, eh, be upset, but why on earth would some Chinese folks buy American to spend more money on a product?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts