Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, last weekend I picked up my new JK Sahara ordered through Koons. This was my first car buying experience and I'll say I was very impressed with the whole process from Craig's initial quote to, several weeks later, driving away in my new ride! Yes the price was great but most importantly there we NO added fees/hidden items. The price Craig initially quoted was the price I paid out the door at the end of the whole thing.

Craig and I even had to work through a miscommunication where I ordered the "premium sound and leather" thinking the seats would still be dark saddle. When the first vehicle came in the seats were charcoal color, many of you know this but I have yet to see where the FCA site makes this clear. Luckily Craig sent me some text pictures so I didn't travel from Michigan out there just to find out the seat color was not what I had expected. Anyhow we worked through that issue, re-ordered what I wanted (dark saddle) and everything worked out perfectly. In fact, a week after I should have taken delivery of the first Jeep with the wrong color seats, my wife received a $1,000 coupon, so we transferred it over and applied it to the vehicle I picked up.

One additional item, the Jeep was missing a wiper arm nut cap but I didn't notice this till I got home. A quick email to Craig and it showed up at my door just a few days later!

Alan in F/I was also super easy to work with. He offered various coverage options, I declined and that was it. No hard sell or stories of potential dire consequences.

So I can't speak for everyone at Koons but Craig and Alan were great to work with. I recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Here's a pic of the beauty (The Koons plate surround on the ground actually blew under there at some point, I hadn't noticed till after the pic)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Craig and I even had to work through a miscommunication where I ordered the "premium sound and leather" thinking the seats would still be dark saddle. When the first vehicle came in the seats were charcoal color, many of you know this but I have yet to see where the FCA site makes this clear.
There are two, totally separate, "premium sound and leather" options.

One option includes black seats (true, actually gray), and the other option includes amaretto seats (a brown). Which of those two options you choose, exclusively dictates the seat color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, that place looks familiar! That's where I bought my Jeep too.

I have to agree with you on the experience there. Very pleasant. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the ride. Looks great!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I also bought from Koon's back in January. Ordered from the factory, 4 weeks later I was driving it home. Craig and Allen were great!

Attachments

Reactions: toneus and SOCALGAL

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
What's the discount these days for Recon vs. non-Recon trims?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I ordered a Rubi a couple weeks ago and am waiting to make the 800 mile drive up from Florida. Glad to hear the experience was positive!
Have fun! My wife and I flew up from Tampa Bay and then drove back. We took a couple of days in VA and DC as a mini vacation. We stayed in a hotel that Craig recommended that was directly across the street from Koons.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ditto for me too, another happy Koons customer. Congrat's on the new ride!

·
Registered
125 Posts
This guy is a legend. Someone post a photo of him. #internetfamous

Also, no Jeep dealers like this on the west coast??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Add me to the list of Craig's happy customers. I took delivery of my 2018 Willys JK just over 10 days ago. It was a great experience! I'd definitely buy from him again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts