Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jeep peeps and i are doing a run to sheep's bridge, which is northeast of Phoenix on the Verde river. Rod talked about it a few times, which piqued my interest. We have not ran this before.

Well.....i have kinda sorta....but not on purpose. Ran table mesa road all the way east, but missed the switchback turn back to civilization. Went north for a while, then ended up on bloody basin road (did not know at the time) and followed it back to I17.

Perusing the interwebs, there are 2 ways to get there. Follow cave creek north all the way until it ends, turn right and follow road to said destination. Or take table mesa road all the way east until hitting cave creek road, turn left. Looks very pretty, frolic about in the water. Have a nice lunch. There are natural hot springs hidden somewhere that can be used as a hot tub.

We are going to take the table mesa route. Should be more interesting, go play in new river for a bit. Most of the trail appears to be a scenic drive, not a "hold my beer" type of trail.

Probably meet about 9ish at the shell station on I17 and new river road. This will be a long day of bouncing around and eating dust. About 4 jeeps going so far.

If interested, have your people get with my people.

If y'all cannot wait that long to go play, I'm down. Do not have anything planned before that.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
My people would like to reserve their usual spot. Following the Blue Jeep.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sounds fun! Anyone here ever do over nighters? Camping? Or just day trips

We like camping but it’s cold out this time of the year.

Any wheeling planned for this weekend or next? Lots of rain and snow over the last few days could make things interesting somewhere.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We like camping but it’s cold out this time of the year.

Any wheeling planned for this weekend or next? Lots of rain and snow over the last few days could make things interesting somewhere.
I'm getting an itch to go play in the mud and water too. Haven't used the winch for myself in a while. Might be due...

I'm down for this Saturday or next

Suggestions?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I’m sure there’s some mud and snow on the back way to CK. Turkey creek will be extra wet I bet too. Or the Terminators at Table Mesa if muddy rocks are more your style. I’m down for any of the above if we’re gonna do this Saturday let’s firm it up in the next couple days so I can take the day off work.

Wes

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,970 Posts
I have a trip to Cali this weekend, good for the following Sat if you decide on that weekend

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Backway to CK will be a nasty, slippery mess. All this rain will probably erode the trail and make it horrible. Deep snow at the higher elevation, sliding everywhere. Obstacles damn near impossible. An absolute horrible idea...

What time and where shall we meet?

The side x side people tend to avoid the conditions we like to play in. And going to be cold up there. I don't foresee too much traffic. Yes, there will be other fools in jeeps going up, but not the usual weekend traffic jam.

The following saturday (2/6) i have a ride planned for my other toy, which has 2 wheels.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Everyone i know is down for terrible ideas in MY jeep
Who wouldn’t be!?!

Looks like CK got pretty pounded this weekend with snow. Should clear up for the rest of the week there and looks like snow again Friday but sunny Saturday so should make for a mess and that sounds like a good time to me.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Are you doing this tomorrow?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts