Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
So how was it?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yesterday was awesome. I've ran this trail several times, add snow and mud completely changes the trail. There were a couple obstacles that I could not get over, no grip. I've done said obstacles before during dry conditions, walk up them w/o a problem. Try different lines...nope. Slide sideways and spin tires. Snow patches at 3800'. More snow at our lunch spot. After that, snow everywhere. Higher we went, deeper it got. Around CK, snow was almost 3' deep. Jeep decided to go sideways several times w/o permission. That was interesting.

Coworker Chris brought his stock gladiator on 35's to play. He followed the blue jeep as instructed. I'm very impressed how well it handled everything. The aforementioned obstacles that slapped me down? He went right them. The longer wheelbase was an advantage, not a hinderance as I expected.

No carnage. No one got stock. Another fabulous day doing the jeep thang.

Thanks Wes for the great bad idea.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Yesterday was awesome. I've ran this trail several times, add snow and mud completely changes the trail. There were a couple obstacles that I could not get over, no grip. I've done said obstacles before during dry conditions, walk up them w/o a problem. Try different lines...nope. Slide sideways and spin tires. Snow patches at 3800'. More snow at our lunch spot. After that, snow everywhere. Higher we went, deeper it got. Around CK, snow was almost 3' deep. Jeep decided to go sideways several times w/o permission. That was interesting.

Coworker Chris brought his stock gladiator on 35's to play. He followed the blue jeep as instructed. I'm very impressed how well it handled everything. The aforementioned obstacles that slapped me down? He went right them. The longer wheelbase was an advantage, not a hinderance as I expected.

No carnage. No one got stock. Another fabulous day doing the jeep thang.

Thanks Wes for the great bad idea.
How low did you go on your tires? Hearing from the Milestar guys that for snow, you need to be around 6psi for traction.

Reactions: HazardJeep22

·
Registered
2021 Ecodiesel Wrangler
74 Posts
dang looks so fun! I went with a smaller group in my new JLU diesel and my buddy in his jku blew his 3.6. I towed him out the whole trail and that 3.0 diesel ripped that jeep up every hill like it was not trying so impressed. next time we need to all go together

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Reactions: crazycarwes

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sheep's bridge still a go? Been way too long since I've been out and my sister wants to get her new JL dirty so figure this will be a good first run for her

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sheeps bridge is still a go.

Meet at the shell Station on I17 and new river at 9. We will go up the 17, exit table mesa road.

Perusing the interwebs, this is a mosey along scenic route. Not a "hold my beer" trail. Might be some water and mud to play in.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts

Meet at the shell Station on I17 and new river at 9. We will go up the 17, exit table mesa road.

Perusing the interwebs, this is a mosey along scenic route. Not a "hold my beer" trail. Might be some water and mud to play in.
The last 12 miles or so after you pass Seven Springs Road gets a bit rocky at points as you drop down the mountain towards the river. It's not difficult, it's just slow going. I'm not "out" for sure yet... I get back in town at 10pm Friday night from a business trip. Will have to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The hot spring is on the N side E of the bridge hidden in the reeds. 34.078113365773085, -111.70737121132231

·
Registered
94 Posts

The last 12 miles or so after you pass Seven Springs Road gets a bit rocky at points as you drop down the mountain towards the river. It's not difficult, it's just slow going. I'm not "out" for sure yet... I get back in town at 10pm Friday night from a business trip. Will have to see how it plays out.
Definitely sounds like a good first run for her and mine hasn't been anywhere since I installed the lift. Will be 3 rigs as a coworker wanted to tag along.

See you tomorrow

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
I'm out, The one Saturday my assistant had to be on vacation. Have fun all

·
Registered
233 Posts
Home remodel projects stole my day away, bummer I couldn’t tag along hope y’all had fun. I’m catching the next one for sure!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yesterday was another successful run. No breakage, no stuckage.

Table mesa road is no longer the happy, easy trail that i remember from a few years ago. Mother nature has not been kind to the road. Several washout areas with rocks/boulders. And just generally rougher than before. A stock jeep can still run it, but it will be bouncy, with some crunching.

This was a long day. Probably about 50-60 miles of bouncing around, a lot of stop and go for traffic. Sheep's bridge area was lovely. We found the hot spring. More of a lukewarm spring. The tub that was build for it is small, maybe hold 4 adults. Anyone over 5' will have an unpleasant time accessing the spring.

Would I run this again? Probably not. This is a weekday and overnight type of trail.

Thanks to those who graced me with your presence.

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts