Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not bad for a little over a month.

My urban assault vehicle. NYC cabbies better stay the hell out of my way.

Minor lift and wheels/tires are next. Just wish we had some snow.

BTW, installing a 100lb bumper alone, while trying to line up the bolts/holes causes one to swear 96% more.

Big F.U. to the genius engineer at Chrysler for picking that spot to mount the vacuum canister.

I got this rig to stop spending money on my vehicles, because they are all modified, and I thought this would be an EXCELLENT daily driver. That plan was shot to sh!t VERY quickly. This is actually the WORST vehicle in the history of automobiles for those that are trying to kick their modding addiction. If sports cars are cocaine, the wrangler is nothing but pure crack.

God I love this truck. :D

Keep on Wranglin'

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Damn, that looks nice man I see that thing in NYC and I'm gonna try hailin' it!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Amen brother!

Welcome to the Forum and to the Jeep Family:wavey:

Yep! I got the addition to, BAD! Modding, selling the Mods and buying what I hope are better Mods the 2nd time around :rofl:

Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaa! :banghead:

:popcorn:

smokemifyougatem

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks sharp. Are those regular Duallys or are they D2s? I'm on my phone and can't see the pic clear enough to tell.
D2s on smittybilt mounts. Love the location (basically invisible from inside the cab) and no visible glare on the hood. Size wise, they are the same as the regular duallys, but I believe the D2s have 6leds and the regulars have 4. In case anyone cares, those are NOT the amber D2s. They are the white d2s, with amber covers, best of both worlds.

Oh, and again, if anyone cares, the front markers and side markers were blacked out with 3 coats of VHT nightshade ($5 a can on Amazon.)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Nice. That bumper'll stop a Brinks truck. Did you trim the plastic top piece (in your first pic, on top of bumper mounts) and re-install it? Lotta peeps throw it away, but it'll keep snow and junk from packing into the gap between bumper and lower grill.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice job, looks good. I agree, once ur bitten u cant stop modding. Plus who wants a stock ride anyway?

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. That bumper'll stop a Brinks truck. Did you trim the plastic top piece (in your first pic, on top of bumper mounts) and re-install it? Lotta peeps throw it away, but it'll keep snow and junk from packing into the gap between bumper and lower grill.
Here is a little trick for you...after fighting like an idiot for an hour trying to figure it out.....I found a perfect solution. Mount it in reverse (keep the right side up) but switch the back to the front. Fits great, looks, great, water still drains out, it's awesome. I can take pics if you like and show it to you, but it will take you 31.6 seconds to install so try it right NOW!!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
lol...Mine's been installed for awhile now.

Good tip for anybody else installing that bumper, though. :thumb:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not bad for a little over a month.

My urban assault vehicle. NYC cabbies better stay the hell out of my way.

Minor lift and wheels/tires are next. Just wish we had some snow.

BTW, installing a 100lb bumper alone, while trying to line up the bolts/holes causes one to swear 96% more.

Big F.U. to the genius engineer at Chrysler for picking that spot to mount the vacuum canister.

I got this rig to stop spending money on my vehicles, because they are all modified, and I thought this would be an EXCELLENT daily driver. That plan was shot to sh!t VERY quickly. This is actually the WORST vehicle in the history of automobiles for those that are trying to kick their modding addiction. If sports cars are cocaine, the wrangler is nothing but pure crack.

God I love this truck. :D

Keep on Wranglin'

Dude. I come from a mustang where I dumped so much money into it. I swore i'd never mod again. I bought a jeep, to avoid this. It is beyond pure crack, it is a heroin crack meth sandwich. I can't stop looking for mods, and planning them out! Its way worse than my mustang.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ThisJk38 said:
Nice bumper! Which one is it? Did you buy those sahara wheels aftermarket or negotiate them in?
It is indeed a rampage recovery bumper in textured black. Thank you for the other comment. My goal is done. It IS actually a Sahara. I tore off the painted fenders the first day, and replaced them with brand new rubicon take offs. Do you know what my painted fenders would look like after one day of manhattan driving and parking?!? Another bonus is that it looks badass in two tone pumpkin mode. The Oem painted ones are nicely wrapped in bubble wrap in my basement, along with my stock bumper, sidesteps, headlights and other assorted goodies.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
Looks good. Did you have to relocate the vacuum canister or did the bumnper fit? Why did you mount fogs on the windshield? They are not nearly as effective there and are illegal in most places (better check your state) since they are above the hood. Many states reguire them to be covered when not in use. I'm also curious about you wheel/tire choice. Why did you go with Sahara as opposed to Rubicon?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts