Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2016 JKU Sport. I was finally affected by the common shift lever recall problem.

Well, before I realized it was a recall problem, I went ahead and ordered a new shift lever.

Since I already have the part in hand, I figured I would just do the replacement myself. I've got everything taken apart, but I'm having one problem. The rubber bushing thats supposed to be attached to the shift lever separated and is still stuck to the Jeep. I've tried pulling it, but it doesn't seem to budge. Anyone know a trick for getting this old bushing off? (Picture attached).

Thanks,
MLV

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the exact issue now cut the busing with a razor but exposed to metal rings in the shifter

·
Retired Moderator
100,448 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the exact issue now cut the busing with a razor but exposed to metal rings in the shifter
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks and edit , I solved the issue, the bushing was a sleeve I did not know , I attached some vice grils to the end and gave its twist and forth and a good pull and kept working it for a couple minutes and eventually it gave free

Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts