Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my 95 2.5l 5spd a shift light comes on at like 2k rpms. im in forth gear by the time im at 35 mph. is the light just for economy driving? or how high can i really go?

·
Registered
102 Posts
ya if i shift like that like i am in 5th at 35. you will notice that if you rev up harder the light comes on at higher speeds like 45-50 for 5th.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
it'll drive ya crazy. take the bulb out and shift as needed.:punk:

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
i didn't even know their was one. I'm actually kinda glad mine don't work, finally something broke and i dont have to fix it :punk:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
you're the lucky dog:punk:

·
Registered
258 Posts
heres question! normal city driving, avg RPM to shift at? i probally do 2-2.4?! just because my engine gets like uber lound if i get close to like 2.6 or so.

HBU?

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
1500 and only get to 2000 i don't like high revs. I'm a little too used to old small and big blocks that never got that high, so i don't know were I'm supposed to be at but that just feels right to me.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I like to shift at 2000 or tops like 2200, I try to save gas any way posasable, and I dont like to run my motor that hard

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
yal? what kinds cheese head talk is that."drive it like you stole it":punk:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ya bud
just spend a few days down in st louis
Youall this and that
plus all the checkers and waitresses
call you sweetie or honey ,hon?..
Here they dont even look you in the eye
and grunt

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
yeah, i know.23 yrs in the navy. florida and virginia. married a gal from alabama.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
the shift light is kinda like texting. if you syes are on the light your not watching the road. ignore it, cover it, paint over it, take the bulb out or have your passenger tell you when to shift.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You need a light to tell you when to shift? Can't be trying to steer, shift, and text plus watch a dumb light. Just listen to the motor, and you'll just know from the sound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts