Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really, no-one?

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I need help please guys.

My transfer case shifter is knocking on the tub and is driving me insane.

At all the places where I can find the part it says that it is only for TJ 97-01. I have an '03.

Here is the repair kit I am referring to at Quadratec: Original Replacement Parts 5014148AA - Shift Linkage Repair Kit for 87-01 Jeep® Vehicles with Model NP231 or NP242 Transfer Case - Quadratec
I've seen a few of your posts about this, why don't you solve the problem forever and make an improvement at the same time with the Novak Cable shifter?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a few of your posts about this, why don't you solve the problem forever and make an improvement at the same time with the Novak Cable shifter?
Makes sense Blaine but buying the Novak shifter and shipping it here is an expensive excercise in South African currency. The other thing is aside from the knocking I have managed to get the transfer case shifting like butter. No grinding, crunching or binding of any sort ever just a positive feel with a simple slip into the correct spot - I have yet to drive a 4x4 with a manual transfer case shifter that shift as smooth and easy as mine does now.

If this becomes to much of a pain I might end up just buying the Novak shifter. I am going to take the stock shifter linkage apart tonight and see if I can perhaps machine my own from the worn parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts