Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may me installing a 1 or 2 inch body lift on a 2017 2 door JK Sport with automatic transmission.

When the body is lifted what happens with the transmission shifter?

Will the body lift create a gap where the shifter sits in the console?

·
Administrator
16,984 Posts
I used the Teraflex 1.25" BL, no issues/concerns on an auto.
There's no interior movement, you'll notice more gap on the bumpers and rock rails IF they're frame mounted.

Personally I would not do 2", but it's your Jeep, do as you will :)

3" lift with 1.25" BL, 37x13.5x17 tires, cut fenders.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baby Blue Sound,
Thanks for the information.
You have a good lookin Jeep.
My Jeep is a DD and will see very little off road, just some beach sand.
Going to put 285/70R17 on it mainly for the look.
Don't want to ruin the factory ride with a lift so if needed a small body lift will work.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Auto-nothing happens because it's cable.
Manual it drops the shifter, rough country body lift comes with a manual shifter adapter. I have the rc 1.25 bl with shifter adapter and after a little tinkering it's all good with no issues.
If you're on a manual and want pics I can pull my shift boot off and take some for you

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I have the Rock Krawler 5.5 with the Teraflex 1.25 body lift. No issues with an automatic. The shifter looks a little shorter but works fine. Nobody has noticed I have a body lift besides my mother oddly, but she notices everything.

I have never seen a 2 inch body lift for a jeep jk.

Not much of a bumper gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Baby Blue Sound,
Don't want to ruin the factory ride with a lift so if needed a small body lift will work.
If you are worried about ride quality, just do a small spacer lift. (spacer on top of stock springs). I would think the install will be easier than the body lift.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Or do both because body lifts don't effect steering geometry. I have a .75" spacer with a 1.25" bl, Rubicon take off shocks and springs (because the sport was too soft) and I'm satisfied with it, at least until I get around to a real lift. Even then I'll probably just leave them in

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Baby Blue Sound,
If you are worried about ride quality, just do a small spacer lift. (spacer on top of stock springs). I would think the install will be easier than the body lift.
The TeraFlex body lift is an easy install. Takes about 30 minutes at a shop. My shop charged me $40 to throw it on.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
The TeraFlex body lift is an easy install. Takes about 30 minutes at a shop. My shop charged me $40 to throw it on.
I stand corrected. Thank you. I had only done body lifts on pick-ups in the past. Took all day :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts