Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed lately that after about of 20 mins of driving, my shifting becomes really hard to do. I need some suggestions on what to check or what it might be. It shifts fine within the first 10-15 mins but after that it just feels like it doesn't want to go in gear and feels like it's not lubed right when I move it around in the neutral positions. Hopefully someone can understand what I'm saying and help me out.
Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only thing I can think of that would make it fine for 10-15 min. then suck would be fluid related. Low or contaminated fluid. Change the fluid out to some premium synthetic such as redline brand and see how it does.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing I can think of that would make it fine for 10-15 min. then suck would be fluid related. Low or contaminated fluid. Change the fluid out to some premium synthetic such as redline brand and see how it does.
So what fluid am I changing here?? Thanks for the help man.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Your transmission fluid. It's automatic fluid no matter what, if your tj is a six speed or auto.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please don't put ATF in your NSG-370 6-speed as that is not what it uses. If you do you will probably FUBAR your six speed. Use this link as a guideline if indeed you do have a 6-speed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_NSG370_transmission
Ya I wasn't going to put ATF in my transmission. I'll go pick up some Royal Purple or Red Line and change the oil. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts