Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a soft top I'm trying to sell and I have some interest to ship it. It's off a JKU. I was wondering if anybody has managed to ship one and if so, please let me know how. I'm not so interested in whether to use UPS or FedEx, but how exactly you broke it down and packed it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I can't help specifically, but I would try to break it down as much as possible, so you can fit it in the smallest box possible. The weight is obviously a fixed value, but the size of the box could be a big factor in shipping cost.

UPS, FedEx & even USPS all have shipping calculators online, so you can compare that way, once you've determined weight & box size.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't help specifically, but I would try to break it down as much as possible, so you can fit it in the smallest box possible. The weight is obviously a fixed value, but the size of the box could be a big factor in shipping cost.

UPS, FedEx & even USPS all have shipping calculators online, so you can compare that way, once you've determined weight & box size.
Yeah I know. The problem is braking down all the bracketry. Doesn't exactly come apart.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
If the JK soft top frame is anything like a TJ it is too big to ship UPS or FedEx. It will have to go freight on a pallet or you can do what i did for my TJ soft top frame.

I drilled out two rivets and replaced them with bolts. That allowed me to get the frame in a bicycle box (free box from toys r us). I shipped it from my local Amtrak train station. They ship over-sized items for MUCH less then freight shipping.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Our JKU premium top was shipped from NJ to IL. One LARGE box for the top assembly, a medium box for the Windows, door surrounds, and other stuff, and a small box for other miscellany. Paid the seller near $160 for shipping. Not sure what his actual cost was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts