Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I am going to place this here since the cost of shipping influenced me to drive to MC and pick up what I needed.

Your customer service rocks! I called yesterday and spoke to Will to make sure you had the inner fenders in stock and decided to drive up and pick them up (only about an 1hr 15min drive for me). It was a heck of a lot cheaper than the shipping I was quoted online lol. I must give props to Will for his help and knowledge. Once I got there to pick up the liners he answered all of my questions about MC's armor, fenders, bumpers and the lift. Amazed to see the original JKU and all the goodies on it. As far as the lift is concerned, I was torn between MC and RK as are many individuals. Will answered all of my questions and concerns and showed me the lift setup on the red JKU (which is a beast btw, love it!). I have decided MC all the way. I will be contacting Will over the next couple of days to order up the setup I want, and of course, after seeing the fenders and armor, I will go that route eventually when I need to replace my current finders and body armor.
Anyways, I know you guys are working on the shipping costs, but I wanted to let you know that my first experience at the MC shop was a great one and thumbs up to Will and his help. Even my wife was very happy to know that when I drop the $$$ on a product the company is close and stands by their product (which helps when it is time to $$$$).

Thanks guys!

By the way, it only took me about an hour to install the inner fenders. They are great! The only issue I have is the passenger side liner that goes towards the firewall was a pain with the all the wiring and plugs are there (2012+ JKU). However, nothing a little persuasion couldn't handle.

Thanks again and see you guys soon!

·
Vendor
1,163 Posts
Just checked their price was more than buying directly from Metal Cloak and paying their silly shipping. Still glad I went with RK.
We are a tad bit higher but as far as suspension components go we should have it in stock ready to ship the same day you order.

David

·
Sponsoring Vendor
80 Posts
James, Was great to meet you and I am glad I could help out. Thank you for stopping by.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to try and keep a better eye on this forum. This is a busy time of year with everyone getting their tax money and ordering parts. We are doing what we can to keep shipping down and on larger orders can usually do something to help out. As Matson said we are not looking to make money on shipping but do need to cover our cost.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or shoot me a PM.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Wish I would have jumped on that free shipping weekend... Fenders,flares, and a bumper was quoted around $700 to ship. Going to wait and keep my fingers crossed for the next one.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I can't believe I missed the free shipping too - though at the time I was still deciding between two different lifts and bumpers... that's what I get for reviewing things to death!

I've got the tires and winch, just need the lift and bumper now! My fingers are crossed too!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
XJ- I just placed an order yesterday (a rather large order) and Will was able to work with me on the shipping. Obviously it wasn't free, but it definitely helped. Shoot him a PM and see what he can do. Good people to do business with.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I got the full set of control arms there and really want their 3.5" springs. Guess it'll wait til next year. The new ca's made a huge difference.

·
Registered
95 Posts
FYI - I just re-ran my order on their website and for the Overline fenders with 6" flares front and rear the shipping cost is about half of what I was quoted about 2 months ago from the website. I think I first calculated freight when their online freight quoting system was screwed up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
6" Overline fenders/flares front and rear are now on order. Thanks for your help Will. So far MC has been very easy to do business with. Now for the hard part.......waiting for them to arrive!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
^ x2 on the waiting! I check my order status everyday. Very depressing seeing "processing" next to everything... And I'm only on week 2!! The saga continues!!

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Fenders and front bumper come Thursday! Fingers crossed on an "easy" install! Hopefully the tire carrier gets moving. I'm sick of the rattle

·
Registered
30 Posts
Northridge 4x4 hooked it up for me. I did overlines, extended corners on my LJ, and rockers, all with 6" flares. Free shipping, same price metalcloak has listed on their site but I didn't get the 5% discount for buying it all. I honestly doubt metalcloak would still give the 5% at the same time they offer free shipping. Free shipping from Northridge saves way more than 5%.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello, I have an shopping cart for my TJ, which includes arched tube fenders w/6 in flares rear stock cut mounting plate w/ 6in flares... any way we could make this happen without an additional 600 dollar shipping charge? If not I totally understand that shipping to Hawaii sucks!

·
Sponsoring Vendor
80 Posts
Hello, I have an shopping cart for my TJ, which includes arched tube fenders w/6 in flares rear stock cut mounting plate w/ 6in flares... any way we could make this happen without an additional 600 dollar shipping charge? If not I totally understand that shipping to Hawaii sucks!

Give us a call. We do use a different company to ship to Hawaii and the computer can not factor for this.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just plugged in a order of Overlines F/R into the shipping calculator to see where shipping costs would be. I live in NW Oregon, it came out to $150 bucks. Completely reasonable shipping rate. You will not loose my business MC!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts