Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Sahara Unlimited 90K miles. Have not had it a year yet. Last March or so I put a 2.5 inch suspension lift on and 33x12.50 tires on 17 inch rims. I did not change the shocks when I did the lift so they may be original. Anyway I've only been driving around town and on the highway. I have one hell of a bumpy ride on the road when I hit the regular road imperfections such as : man hole covers, cracks in pavement, dips between road and commercial driveways, gaps between roadway and bridges etc. at any speed. I would like a smoother ride. Any suggestions? Could my shocks be worn out? I do not intend on doing any hard core off-roading in the near future. I have been on the beach and some dirt roads while camping but mainly my Jeep is a daily driver. Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,382 Posts
My first thought to your post is a Jeep is a Jeep and not a Lexus... I'm not sure you are going to find the level of plush that you are looking for.

But it's hard to say if shocks would improve the ride the way you want it to. I would definitely say that a set of Rancho RS9000XL's would give you the best overall ride. They have adjustable damping so you can set them softer or firmer to your liking.

I found when I changed my shocks my ride got firmer but better... For me, that's the way it worked. I didn't like how soft the stock shocks were and they had no control and the body swayed all over the place when going through a drainage ditch or something like that. It was a definite upgrade.

RS999329 and RS999330 are the numbers to look for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts