Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2007 jeep wrangler and am replacing the shocks and springs on it. I am going from 12/52 springs to 18/59 springs and was wondering if I am going to need rear sway bar links or any other extra parts. I was told I would be ok without them but I just want your confirmation. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
You wont really know until you get them installed. The results from spring swaps have been a little different for everyone. Take a look at your front swaybar after you install the springs and see how close it is to parallel with the ground.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Have a 2007 jeep wrangler and am replacing the shocks and springs on it. I am going from 12/52 springs to 18/59 springs and was wondering if I am going to need rear sway bar links or any other extra parts. I was told I would be ok without them but I just want your confirmation. Thank you!
I went from 13/55 springs to 18/60's and Rubi shocks and outside that I put a set of teraflex sway bar links for a 0-3 lift and it leveled out the front sway bar perfect and back sway bar was fine, easy 2 inch lift

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sounds like you should expect about 3" of lift from what I've read. However, considering they are factory springs and therefore came stock on someone's JK, then I would not expect you to need longer shocks or sway bar links.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went from 13/55 springs to 18/60's and Rubi shocks and outside that I put a set of teraflex sway bar links for a 0-3 lift and it leveled out the front sway bar perfect and back sway bar was fine, easy 2 inch lift
Do I need the sway bar link? How will I know?

·
Registered
851 Posts
When looking at the sway bar from the side, it should be parallel with the ground.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What do you mean parallel? Can you send a picture maybe?
This is with stock links and you can see sway bar is pointed downward and there is a jack on axle so all the weight is on it, that's why I changed front links and the rears were fine.

ForumRunner_20140509_092550.jpg

·
Registered
851 Posts
You will be able to tell if you need them once the springs are installed. As stated the sway bar should be parallel to the ground. If you do need them, you can move the rear ones to the front and get new rears.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts