Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know why the rear upper shock bushings go out so fast? I have a 2006 unlimited 6 inch super flex 35 tires. In the last two years I have replaces them twice.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
What brand are you running?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Does any one know why the rear upper shock bushings go out so fast? I have a 2006 unlimited 6 inch super flex 35 tires. In the last two years I have replaces them twice.
Im gonna take a guess that you have Rubicon Express shocks because of the fact that you said "super flex". Rubicon Express is not known for their bushings, they are complete crap if you wheel any thing above a driveway. I changed the bushings in my RE Control Arms twice before I said screw it. OP if I were you I would go to new shocks, or at least new bushings if they fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im gonna take a guess that you have Rubicon Express shocks because of the fact that you said "super flex". Rubicon Express is not known for their bushings, they are complete crap if you wheel any thing above a driveway. I changed the bushings in my RE Control Arms twice before I said screw it. OP if I were you I would go to new shocks, or at least new bushings if they fit.
. Bilstein shocks all the way around.... I live in Az. So I do a fair amount of time in the desert and in the mountains. I think maybe I should change out bushing type. Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts