Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I wouldn't think so, but if you're wheeling the jeep ( I'd assume yes based on your avatar!) then it certainly is possible! I was going through a set of shocks a year wheeling my Bronco, but it was usually cause by a rock hit.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Even if it did have a warranty IDE replace those things anyway. Maybe some bilsteins or ranchos or something. I threw my rough country shocks directly in the garbage and lit them on fire instead of having then warrantied

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't think so, but if you're wheeling the jeep ( I'd assume yes based on your avatar!) then it certainly is possible! I was going through a set of shocks a year wheeling my Bronco, but it was usually cause by a rock hit.
It's only this one that's seeping. I just didn't know if it's normal to weep a little or if it's a sign of imminent failure.

Do they have a warranty? My Bilsteins have a lifetime warranty.
They have a warranty, 3 years I believe. Just trying to figure out if extreme use generally causes this.

Even if it did have a warranty IDE replace those things anyway. Maybe some bilsteins or ranchos or something. I threw my rough country shocks directly in the garbage and lit them on fire instead of having then warrantied
Yeah they are crappy but they only cost $40. I'm just not ready to spend $400+ on good shocks.

You sure its oil and not accumulated sediment? Considering the upper part of shock top also has some sort of 'dirt' of the same color on it.

Try licking it. Or putting your nose up close and inhaling it like cocaine.
I didn't try the "lick test" yet :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well 4WD parts finally called me back. They say from the picture it looks as though it's gone bad but they will only give me a new one if I place the old one in their hands so I'd have to do a parking lot swap.

Not much of a warranty. I'm seeing fewer and fewer reasons to return to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.