Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what size shocks I need. I believe my TJ has a 4.5" lift with 1.5" coil spaces and a 2.5" bumpstop on the front, 1" body lift and 35" tires. I'm very confused about all I'm reading. Just bought new Rancho 9000's but am now nervous about putting them on based on what I'm learning about all the lift modifications I'm finding. I'm not too concerned about rake and am considering removing the coil spaces to reduce the lift a bit, and wondering if that is an issue?

Rear: Shocks have bottomed out. Springs measure 12" with no coil spacers and what I believe is a 3.75" bumpstop.

My Ranchos measure 16.5 stud to eye on front, and 16" eye to eye on the rear, and Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
in front, 16.5" compressed length shocks will need around 3" bumpstop extension, not the 2.5" you have now.
in rear, 16" compressed length shocks will need 4" bumpstop extension or so....but that's going to change with your pinion angle alignment and axle position.

either way you'll need to check full bump and see whats going on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Given my current setup, can you tell a better compressed size shock to use if I return the ones I have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts