Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a TF 2.5 lift and am trying to decide if I want to put in OME or Bilstein 5100 shocks. Any opinions are appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Haven't heard a bad thing about either one. Why not go with the TF? That's what all the guys in my group run and they love them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Love my Bilsteins, have wheeled and ridden in OMEs. Both are quality products.

--Sean

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
because no one ever mentions it, the OME are amazing shocks. They ride awesome, worth every penny. However, they are a shock made for back country terrain. They will handle anything you throw at it, and will make the ride comfortable. That being said, they do not flex. part of their total length is in extra up travel, making you less prone to bottoming out without bumpstops, but it also means you dont get much down travel. Its maybe an inch more down travel then stock. If you want the most comfortable ride, get the OME, but if you are building a rock krawler or you just want flex, get something else. I know I'm in the middle of swapping mine out, because I only wheel on new england rocks, and I need more flex

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
because no one ever mentions it, the OME are amazing shocks. They ride awesome, worth every penny. However, they are a shock made for back country terrain. They will handle anything you throw at it, and will make the ride comfortable. That being said, they do not flex. part of their total length is in extra up travel, making you less prone to bottoming out without bumpstops, but it also means you dont get much down travel. Its maybe an inch more down travel then stock. If you want the most comfortable ride, get the OME, but if you are building a rock krawler or you just want flex, get something else. I know I'm in the middle of swapping mine out, because I only wheel on new england rocks, and I need more flex
^^^ This. Can't go wrong with OME's or Bilsteins, IMO. As sneck said, just depends on what your needs are.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Love my Bilsteins. Same exact lift as you. Nice compliment to the 2.5 TF Coil lift.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to think about the flex. Here in west colorado you have your choice of old mining trails, and on the other end of the spectrum i'm about an hour from moab. maybe because the jeep is new i prefer the easier stuff. could always change shocks in a couple years i guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts