Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I've got 60,000mi. on my rubi and my factory shocks are shot! they don't quite like the extra weight that's been added to my jeep and don't quite function like they used to. I've been looking at several options and here they are: "King" 2" OEM performance monotubes, "King" 2.5" OEM performance(adjustable), Teraflex tuned Elka's, Fox Racing teraflex tuned. I mainly use my jeep for heavy trail riding and rock crawling. It is NOT a daily driver. when it is used for trail rides it(jeep) is towing an offroad trailer. I've pretty much ruled out the fox shocks as they are meant for high speed applications. as always opinions from people owning these shocks are great! and even if you don't have them let me know what you think

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I don't know what you're driving, but

My '08 JKUR tows an off-road trailer and I've been very happy with RS9000XL (adj) shocks--

I don't want a "smooth" ride and these shocks adj from stiff to "VERY STIFF"-

So choose your weapon-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
I had installed the Bilstein 5100 when Full Traction did my lift (upon their recommendation and my research).

= Great support/weight. Great handling. Super happy with these... of course it helps that new springs were installed - so that somewhat tempers my review. But - lots of folks run them and like them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah, I've looked at the ranchos but ruled them out cause they're not rebuildable....that being said, they are truly a great shock. I don't really care how "smooth" the jeep rides(it's a jeep!).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts