Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang

My buddy is upgrading his shocks and getting rid of his OME shocks # 60066L and 60067L. He has offered them to me for 200 flat for all 4. My question is two fold. One is this a decent price, i saw they are about 400 new for the set of 4. He has about 7000 miles on them. 2. I only have a 2 in AEV spacer lift. Will they even fit?

Sal

·
Super Moderator
21,995 Posts
those are great shocks but a bit long for your 2" lift. those are for like a 4-6" lift.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are great shocks but a bit long for your 2" lift. those are for like a 4-6" lift.

Weird, he has a 2.5 inch lift metal cloak on there now. so what happens if your shocks are too long for your lift?

·
Super Moderator
21,995 Posts
you wont have any up travel. just google those shock numbers and you will see they are for 4-6" lifts.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you wont have any up travel. just google those shock numbers and you will see they are for 4-6" lifts.

Seems thats the reason his jeep isnt riding as well also. thanks for the quick info jadmt!

·
Super Moderator
14,540 Posts
Weird, he has a 2.5 inch lift metal cloak on there now. so what happens if your shocks are too long for your lift?
The MetalCloak springs have a very long free length that keep the springs from falling out at full droop. Your factory springs with the AEV spacers are much shorter. The springs would likely fall out at full droop.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I run the 60066L's with my OME 2 1/4 coil springs, (OME 2619 front, 2617 rear) The fronts are 20 1/4" long (free length), so they'll work with the OME L's,, but you'll need spring retainers to avoid the spring form rotating in the perch at full droop (they won't fall though), the factory springs will be too short for those OME L's shocks for sure.

In the back, my springs are 16 3/4" long vs 14.5 for the factory ones, and i run Fox 2.0 shocks that are 26" extended, 16" compressed without any issues, also with retainers for the just in case, i don't think i'll be able to run the 60067L's with the OME springs i have in the back, as those shocks are 27.8" long, 16.6" compressed. The OME L's will run better with the MC 2.5" springs compared to what i have because the MC coils are longer. but definitely i have no issues running 27" extended shocks in the front with a 2" lift, granted, i have more in there than just having a lift with spacers and factory springs, you want longer springs for sure to be able to run both OME L's.

OME L's front with OME 619's in action at full droop, the springs won't go anywhere, and they're linear to boot too, and frankly, freaking awesome springs, that's why i refuse to even think i need to go higher, i run 33-34psi in my E rated tires all day long, commuting 130 miles a day, and able to support the winch, the bumper and a Hi lift jack, and flex nicely, been there for 2 years, and hopefully they'll continue to deliver for more years to come :beerdrinking:

20170409_123540 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts