Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get new shocks for my new to me Sahara as it still has the OE shocks. I'm going to be installing a Teraflex 2.5 lift eventually. My question is, can I purchase and install shocks that would go with the 2.5 lift and they work for now on the non lifted Jeep? Don't want to purchase shocks twice.

Will be getting Rancho 5000X shocks and Stabilizer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I will be installing a rock krawler 2.5 max travel lift this weekend and I bought shocks for 4-6" lift in the front and 2-3" in the rear. I asked a similar question here about this and that's the answer I got from pretty credible folks. Did lots of research afterwards to confirm. Yes, your lift is different, but pretty similar. This will probably work for you but do more research around the forums.

·
Super Moderator
15,449 Posts
Just be careful, without bump stop you can damage the shock by over compressing them. Im thinking on road you should be fine with the 29/30's .
Spot on... 29's and 30's are very low risk on the road.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
15,449 Posts
THANKS

Are the 29/30s good for the 2.5 Teraflex lift as well?
Yes, that's what they are for... They are too long for stock height and springs when used off road. But as long as it's on the street and not flexing before the lift is installed, it would be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts