Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if blistein 5100's are better than oem rubi shocks? Quality and ride

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes they are.

When I put the 2.5 Metalcloak on, I ran the stock rubi shocks with extensions for about 2 weeks.

The difference isn't dramatic but it is better and it seems firmer. I know that doesn't seem like it makes sense as firmer you would think makes it rougher. I'm happy with them. As well, running with the extensions just didn't seem like a good idea.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2dr. 2012 Rubi, I had them put 2" pucks on at the dealership when i got it last yr. Now I'm and doing the budget boost 18/59's springs which after reading looks like everyone is getting anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 inches of lift. Should I get the blisteins 5100's that go with a 3" lift or 4"? I'm thinking 3"...HELP :)

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If you want an idea of what they feel like, fill up a bag of rocks and then drive around sitting on them for a week.

J/K
Yep..there better.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I went the Rancho route I'd probably get the 9000's cause they r adjustable and i've owned them in the past for my YJ.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I think adj shocks are a great option. I'm not sure my butt meter is sensitive enough to care about this feature however. We've only run TF shocks in the past and have been happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts