Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am looking to replace the shocks that came with my 3 inch black diamond lift. Does anyone have suggestions for good brands or any particular shocks that work well? Many a city driver. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
OME (old man emu) for sure. they will give the best ride quality out of all the shocks out there! you could also try bilstein. both of these are top notch. expensive but worth it.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Not sure who made them or if they still use the same one's. But the shocks that came with the rusty's off-road 3" lift where by far the best riding shocks I have had. Might be something to look into.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've always been an old die hard Rancho man, but I hear the Old man EMU's are good and from a small minority that the Edelbrock shocks are also good. Not sure if the Edelbrocks come in extended sizes though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. When I look at a site like quadratec, there are so many different sizes for each shock. How do you know what size to get?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant find a size chart anywhere to what size I should get. There are just a bunch of lengths and then eye or stud lengths. I have no idea what I am looking at. Please help!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got mine off ebay personally. Bilstein 5100 series. They specifically state what year model and how much lift you have for ordering purposes. Run bout 300 bucks for the set, but in my opinion, there is no better shock for the money.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Personally I like Rancho 9000's over Many of the Bilstein models due to the adjustability of the 9000. Expensive but worth it especially if you have a short arm lift.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
Another vote for OMEs. I've replaced BDS, Bilstein, RE monotubes, teraflex, skyjacker, and stock with OMEs. By far the best valved shock for your application is the OMEs. Call Dirk at dpgoffroad.com for a good price. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts