Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Sport with a 2.5" inch spacer lift w/35's. I'm looking to get some new shocks and need some advice on what to get. This is my DD but I do some offloading too-Dunes, Mud, Trail. I here a lot about the Bilsten's but I'm not really sure.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got the Bilsteins 5100s on my DD that I take offroad. They are great, much much better than stock. I put them on when I put on the RK stock mod and I am very impressed :) i hear fox are the best of the best, but they are also much more expensive for similar to the Bilsteins. I have also heard good things of Rancho that are remote controlled to adjust stiffness (if I had unlimited funds, I so would have gone with these). I got my RK 2.5 and Bilsteins from Jason at Krawl Off Road here for an awesome price.

Best of luck'

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys!! I was just at Silver Lake Sand Dunes and the stock shocks were not getting it. I prolly need to get a stiffer spring too. My plan was to get a bumper/winch next, but the suspension really needs to be first.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the Bilsteins 5100s on my DD that I take offroad. They are great, much much better than stock. I put them on when I put on the RK stock mod and I am very impressed :) i hear fox are the best of the best, but they are also much more expensive for similar to the Bilsteins. I have also heard good things of Rancho that are remote controlled to adjust stiffness (if I had unlimited funds, I so would have gone with these). I got my RK 2.5 and Bilsteins from Jason at Krawl Off Road here for an awesome price.

Best of luck'
Do you find the Bilsteins to give to you a stiffer ride over the stock shocks? If you don't mind me asking, what did they set you back $$?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Since you're (so it seems) hitting higher speeds on the bumps, I think once you grab the bilsteins the stiffer springs won't be necessary due to how those shocks function. Also, what's your budget?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you're (so it seems) hitting higher speeds on the bumps, I think once you grab the bilsteins the stiffer springs won't be necessary due to how those shocks function. Also, what's your budget?
I was wondering if a good shock would do the trick or not. At the dunes especially, getting a running start is necessary to make it up some hills.

I was thinking around $200-250.

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
A good shock can definitely aid in ride quality and performance. Bilsteins are usually in the 80-90 range, so your budget would be stretched a nice chunk. My suggestion is to save up, buy your shocks and recovery, then sometime have Wayne/Zukizzy tune your shocks and you'd be set.

Edit: just saw amazon has Bilsteins for around $75.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do you find the Bilsteins to give to you a stiffer ride over the stock shocks? If you don't mind me asking, what did they set you back $$?
I found them to be great on my JK. Much softer ride than stock. I think I got them for ~$70 or so each. I have never used other shocks besides stock ones and these in any vehicle and I would definitely buy them again. Going over brick roads at 40mph, i can feel them, but barely.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found them to be great on my JK. Much softer ride than stock. I think I got them for ~$70 or so each. I have never used other shocks besides stock ones and these in any vehicle and I would definitely buy them again. Going over brick roads at 40mph, i can feel them, but barely.
Thanks for your help, looks like I'm saving up for some shocks.

Have fun out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts