Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 93 yj with a few miles on it and it tells me it would like some new shock im just wondering what other people are running on thiers? nitro or hydro? what the hell dose that mean gas vs oil? would like some feedback thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
spring for a nice monotube shock, the ride is better. Look into valving. It gets tough with a lifted rig, trying to find something that fits and is valved for your application. That's where rebuildable shocks come into play, Fox, Radflo, Sway A Way....you get custom lengths, custom valving, and should anything damage them, they're repairable. They're a little more to start off, but totally worth it imo. For $120-150 per shock, you get options, where something like a high end Rancho or Pro Comp is going to be about $100 per, and a total loss should something happen to them, need to be replaced after awhile, and not necessarily the best ride/performance that you're looking for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but im not going too put 600$ shock on her.any one else running somthing a little more normal? i.e. black dimoand,sky jacker,rancho,emu,i also found these spring over ones that seem to be the hot shit but cant remember the name.ive got 50 views and 1 responce what the deal. dont hate on me or my jeep.:cool:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I am running the Pro Comp ES3000's on my Jeep and they are working fine. They are not a real high end shock by any means, but they get the job done. They go on sale all the time through 4wd hardware and others. If I remember correctly, I got the four shocks and a free steering stabilizer for $125.

·
Registered
86 Posts
oil....

if you are looking for a good shock..go mono with oil...i am running doetsch tech..great shock..rancho 5000's are good too..i would not suggest a gas/nitro shock..they are pre charged..putting them on the front (engine weight) is ok for a bit bigger rig, but for a jeep they are too stiff on an initial bump, the rigs just don't weigh enough..might even cause a mount to break..and as for shock boots..they're for posers...~fly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts