Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M looking to upgrade my Shocks. What do you think is the best? I'm looking at Rubicon Mono tubes or Fox.Thanks for your input?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
My Teraflex 9500 are sweet. I would buy them again. If I had the dough for fox I would buy those in a heart beat. Not many here have forked that dough over though.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you wanna spend the money, Fox shocks are the way to go.
But people like Bilstein 5100 and OME Nitrochargers.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Having owned Rubicon Express's Monotubes, I would avoid them. They ride great on the street but they give minimal offroad control. When I ran mine I couldn't keep with anyone on bumpy dirt roads out in the desert, I had to slow way down or the shocks would make me feel the Jeep was nearly out of control.

I've had a bunch of shocks on my Wranglers over the years including ProComp ES-3000 (way too stiff!!), Rancho R9000 (very nice), Doetsch Tech 3000 (squishy), Rock Krawler (so-so), ProComp MX-6 (ok) RE Monotubes (terrible offroad), and now running the OME Nitrocharger... superb in all regards, great ride and superb offroad control. Bilstein 5100 and Fox shocks are also superb. Savvy Offroad's specially tuned version of the Fox is, by far, the best riding/handling shock I have ever experienced.

·
Registered
42 Posts
image-2726479142.jpg

I've got Fox shocks on my 99 with 35"s. Great shocks weather I'm driving around San Diego's pot hole filled streets or slowly climbing some rocks in the desert.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've run almost all of the $100 and less (ea). shocks and I will agree with Jerry, I am currently running OME Nitro's and they preform well, that being said the 5100 's are suppose to be rebuildable, and I'm taking a set off a buddy's to see if I can get them rebuilt, will see if it is worth it or not. They are on a Toyota I used to own and it did ride well in all conditions. It is a tough decision, sometimes the amount of money you spend does not reflect on what you get for your money. Good luck

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
After owning ProComp shocks, I would never touch them again. Went to Bilstein 5100s and couldn't be happier. Rancho and OME also have pretty reputations and would recommend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts