Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any work like this done in the GTA?

I'm shopping around for quotes on the Rugged Ridge Spartan reinforced hinge system AND the accompanying tire carrier and 1 shop quoted me $400.00 labour to install the Rugged Ridge reinforced hinge system and tire carrier.

From what I'm seeing on YouTube guys are doing these installs in like an hour... MAYBE an hour and a half so that seems a little excessive at $200.00+ an hour.

Just doing some integrity price checks here. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions on shops?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another shop quoted me $320.00 for labour for 3 hours. Looks like there is a disparity between shops for labour. Can't fault a fella for attempting to make a buck I suppose but it certainly reinforces the "You can save a lot by doing it yourself".

Did my mesh grill insert and my gas cap cover this weekend and probably saved myself $150.00 in labour.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Save your money and do it yourself just like you said. Then you can do it properly by painting the bare metal underneath the factory hinges to avoid rust later on. If it wasn't for painting, I probably would've had my Teraflex hinge installed in 30-60 mins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts