Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Im going to pull the trigger on this lift. I'm looking for a good shop around Dacula area that can install it. I have been thinking about doing it myself but hate being under the Jeep on jack stands. Any recommendations or anyone have access to a lift and wanna help? I'll bring the beer.:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oconee off-road in Athens. I have the Zone 4.25 on my 04 TJ but I did it my self. I used jack stands, you really don't have to get under it with jack stands I did most of the crawling underneath first then did the coils last.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not hard, the engine mounts were the hardest to do. Everything else was no problem. Me and one other guy had the lift done in one day and I had a few other projects that took the rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will say that buy a new track bar, or front track bar relocation bracket. It's a pain to try and drill a new hole and perfect.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adjustable track bar is on my list to get. Thanks for the info about how the install went. I think I am going to try to tackle it myself and use the install money for a few other goodies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you have a flat area to do it on? Let me know when you plan to do it, if your still in Dacula your not too far from me, I may be able to come help if the wife doesn't have other plans. Oh and plan on renting/borrowing spring compressors, they make a world of difference.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can get it into my garage and have plenty of room to work on it there. The spring compressors I have not thought of before. I assume Advance would rent those? There is one up on 81&316 that is real close to me.

And thanks for the offer to help. I will keep that in mind once I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah you can get them from advance or autozone. No problem, I have done 3 lifts; 1 YJ, 1 XJ and 1 TJ the YJ and the TJ I did combo body/spring lifts.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you make sure nothing is connected you will not need the spring compressor. Maybe pressure from above but you can slide the spring right in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be happy to help any weekend but the 10/11th of May ( wife's bday and Mother's Day). Any other day let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I not picky on the beer...budlight, miller, coors,yuengling. Lol. We will make sure there are not extra nuts and bolts left over when we are done.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts