Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the time is near so I'm shopping for some beadlocks. A few options come to mind:

Method
KMC
ATX
Hutchinson
Trail Ready

They need to fit on*8 on 6.5 wheel bolt pattern.

Any recommendations from existing owners?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Are you wanting them for the looks or to go to single digit psi off-roading? I had good luck with ATX running 7psi but now don't bother with bead locks and don't go below 11 or 12psi.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have Mopar beadlocks and run them in the beadlock position. I have had zero problems, however, if you are a rock crawler, may want to beware of the hex head bolts being chewed to pieces on the rocks.

Joe

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Yes, the time is near so I'm shopping for some beadlocks. A few options come to mind:

Method
KMC
ATX
Hutchinson
Trail Ready

They need to fit on*8 on 6.5 wheel bolt pattern.

Any recommendations from existing owners?
Is it a trail only rig? I run DIY beadlocks from chassis unlimited, they were super cheap and do just fine with my sticky 40's at 8 PSI.

I wouldnt suggest them for a daily driver though.

2017-05-29 14.40.25 by Kenneth Mchattie, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it a trail only rig? I run DIY beadlocks from chassis unlimited, they were super cheap and do just fine with my sticky 40's at 8 PSI.

I wouldnt suggest them for a daily driver though.
Not a Trail only but also not my DD, however will be driven to destinations. I had not heard of Chassis Unlimited, I'll need to check them out

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you wanting them for the looks or to go to single digit psi off-roading? I had good luck with ATX running 7psi but now don't bother with bead locks and don't go below 11 or 12psi.
Don't really care about the looks, although I have not seen any hideous beadlocks. It will be for off-road really. Now I typically go around 14 PSI on non beadlocks and although I have not busted a bead yet, figured it was about time to upgrade since I need new rims for the axles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts