Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a Rubicon for the last month or so. My focus was toward an 04-06 based on my budget, but I found a for sale by owner '08 at a price I can afford yesterday. I'm just looking for either some assurance it's a pretty good deal, or you guys telling me to run away! :thumb:

08 Rubicon, 59K miles, auto transmission. Suspension looks stock (which is what I want), soft top, 1/2 doors- so no power windows/locks. There is a little surface rust underneath, but nothing that seems out of the ordinary. One negative is the tailgate is trashed from backing the spare into something. It still closes and latches, and holds the spare tire fine, but it's just beat up. The transmission shifts nice and smooth, engine sounds good. There's a dent in the far left side of the front bumper, but it looks like it's just plastic at this point anyway. Owner is asking 18K. I'm thinking of offering 16.5K. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
121 Posts
You left out the most important detail; what color is it?

·
Registered
952 Posts
$16.5 sounds like a good deal to me. You can get a take off front bumper for $100 or so, no biggie there. For the tail gate, you can take the tire carrier off, get a sheet of 4'x3' diamond plate on amazon for less than $100. (cut diamond plate first to exact specs length). Remove tailgate handle. Drill the tire carrier holes into the diamond plate (8 bolts, using the tire carrier as a guide), cut notches for door handle, then remount the tire carrier over the diamond plate and handle for a fresh tailgate look. Use door edging around ends of diamond plate for safety/look ($10). You can get colored powder coated plate too from amazon. Sand off rust and touch up w/ rustoleum ($6x? Cans). For inside the tail gate, you can do as the pic or get a M.O.L.E. cover.

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
Thats a good price, around here 18-20k is what you would pay for 06 Rubicons depending on mods.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I purchased an 08 Rubicon with 88,000 manual for 19,500 in January. No rust and very clean body, soft top and stock suspension except for Rancho 5000 shocks and steering stabilizer. 16,500 sounds like a good price!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I am a firm believer that jk half doors will be one of the more valuable options to have in a few years since they are so rare, on the flip side the auto trans from 03-11 is one of the worst things jeep ever put in a vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts