Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a 2013 10a JKU and I have found one with the colors I like, but it's out of town.

From what I can tell in the pictures, there may be some lift. The tires are 315/70/17. I prefer the stock height so I would have to get the stock size tires and remove the lift, if there is one.

Does it look like a suspension lift or maybe a body lift?
Is there anything else in the suspension pics that looks concerning?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,855 Posts
Shock looks to have a boot on it that isn't stock... Not a great set of pictures to determine if it has a suspension lift, need to see photo's of the springs and shocks and track bar mounts...

But yes, it looks to have geo brackets., probably an AEV 2.5 based on the rake that left in it. Easy to remove and put back to stock it you want to.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
yes looks like you can make out bump stops as well and I am voting for AEV 2.5. If it is leave it on unless you have a real compelling reason to absolutely want it stock height. It would have more rake than normal because of the soft top.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Being that it is a 10a, finding a stock suspension may prove difficult.
If you don’t care if it has the correct 10a suspension afterwards, any JKU set of OEM springs will work.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
get a shot of the rear track bar and that will tell you for sure if it is an AEV.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think it looks great at that height. Looks like a jeep with a little bit of macho especially with those tires and lift. I wouldn't change a thing assuming it drives well. Why are you so concerned about a very modest lift that's done correctly? Only thing that sticks out to me is the exhaust pipe looks like it's covered in rust? Perhaps it's just the way the pic was taken?

·
Super Moderator
14,855 Posts
Being that it is a 10a, finding a stock suspension may prove difficult.
If you don’t care if it has the correct 10a suspension afterwards, any JKU set of OEM springs will work.
Good point... I think the best downsizing for that would be a Teraflex performance leveling kit. And I would go to 285/70R17's instead of the 255/75's. It would then be pretty stockish, but would look good.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
Good point... I think the best downsizing for that would be a Teraflex performance leveling kit. And I would go to 285/70R17's instead of the 255/75's. It would then be pretty stockish, but would look good.
or leave it and go with some 255/80-17 tires. Be just enough that people with lifted jeeps would have to give it a second look wondering what was done to it.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
A body lift is spacers at the body mounts.

·
Super Moderator
14,855 Posts
or leave it and go with some 255/80-17 tires. Be just enough that people with lifted jeeps would have to give it a second look wondering what was done to it.
I can't imagine a reason to downsize it in the first place... I would throw a 3/4 spacer on the front and drive the snot out of it. But some people have different goals than me. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. I decided to pass on that one. I found another one, but I'll have to have it shipped. I'm 99% sure this one is stock. any concerns from these pics?

·
Super Moderator
14,855 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Looks good as well.
You obviously don’t live in the salt belt.

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
Unless there are issues with the parts of the frame you didn't get photos of, you would be hard pressed to find a cleaner frame. It may have been pressure washed to get the accumulated road grime off, but has not been recently painted over. If the rest of the Jeep looks that good and is a color you can live with, and can fit into your finance, it appears to be a keeper. Depending on the mileage, the tires appear to be the original BFG KMs of something with very similar tread pattern.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
Odd the frame is so clean and the shocks are so rusted.....frame has been repainted or coated as they painted over the bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
@jadmt - interesting you pointed that out.

My local dealerships body shop routinely swaps out frames on wrecked Jeeps.
I wonder if this one has been wrecked and had a new frame installed.

·
Premium Member
6,710 Posts
How many miles on the Jeep?

Location?

I would not buy a Jeep unseen and have it shipped.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
How many miles on the Jeep?

Location?

I would not buy a Jeep unseen and have it shipped.
X a million. I have a guy interested in my recon and I am actually insisting he come in person. In doing research I have found that Cashiers checks are no safer than a personal check. My bank confirmed this. Cashier check has to be run thru the system and there is no guarantee there will be sufficient funds by the time the check gets thru the system. My bank said Bank of America is the worst and most risky because BoA will not even communicate with another bank to verify whether they even issued the cashiers check.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Odd the frame is so clean and the shocks are so rusted.....frame has been repainted or coated as they painted over the bolts.
My rear shocks on my 18 Willy's peeled and corroded just like that one, in less than a year.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts