Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, home from the comp on the weekend. Did well, 3rd on track one and 3rd overall. Damage is a banana shape tie rod and a very bend/dented sump. With a gasket costing $200 over here it is going to cost abit. Anywho, mine is the Silver TJ with the bullhorn looking bar and flames on the bonnet.

Here is a vid from the first track.

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/andynoble/track1_net1.wmv.html

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Great video! So when you are doing these competitions, how is it scored? Is it an "elegant driving" system where points are awarded/taken for things like stopping, reversing, hitting cones/gates, or is it a timed "race" type format with penalty points for hitting cones? Also, what are the specs on your Jeep? (I am trying to get a feel for the size of the vehicles that we were seeing) Congratulations on the third place finish! And great videos again! :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much spot on, 'elegant driving' as you put it. You gain points by how far you make it through and lose points for stopping, reversing, hitting cones etc.

In my class, it is unlocked (some people just take fuses etc out), 4 inches of lift, and 33's. In the next class it is anything goes upto 37's.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Hell yeah, looked like a blast. Looked like there was a nice little crowd also. And from watching your video and then you mention a sump? Are you talking about messing up your fuel pump/sending unit in the gas tank that you smashed? Do these little comps happen often?

And you never know, let us know what parts you need and I am sure we might be able to work something out with Paypal and such to get you boys some cheaper parts down there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are pretty lucky now that one of the guys in Sydney pretty much has a direct link with 4wdhardware so some of the prices are not too bad. Missed the fuel tank, just put the warn skid on last week too and didn't get to use it. :)

The engine sump is the one I damaged, gonna pull it off tomorrow and bash it flat. I am a little worried about the oil pickup. Will then have to wait until a new gasket arrives from over your way. That and a bend tierod is the only damage I did for the weekend so i was pretty happy.

It seems we have comps on all the time at the moment. WeRock is on in 2 weeks time. There is a 8 day winch challenge going on at the moment. We just had the short course comp on the weekend and this is only in Queensland. New South Wales and Victoria both have a series of comps happening at the moment as well.

The short course series I do has about 4 events for the year, spread out over so that there is one every couple of months. Just time to fix the rig each time. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts