Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to hear some suggestions and feedback on a system that would add no more than 2'' of lift to the front of a 2015 JKUHR. This is a daily driver that we take long highway trips with but also do some wheeling in. Sticking to 32'' tires so I don't want a weird look from too much lift and I do run chains.

Would just choose an AEV if I could get one that was only 2''.

Thinking something like Synergy Stage 1

Any and all thoughts please.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All you need is a budget based system.
Check out the Rancho 2" sport kit. The only 1-2
" kit"I know of that comes with shocks and for under $500
Thanks but looking for something better than that.

For the sake of it lets assume $1000 ish price tag.

I want camber correction, quality springs, and track bars where they need to be for best highway ride and control.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts

I want camber correction, quality springs, and track bars where they need to be for best highway ride and control.
I think what keeper was trying to tell you in suggesting the Rancho kit is that it fit your requirement without any of the extra expense from the bigger kits.

I have it and it has performed perfectly on numerous road trips. My jeep is more on than off highway but when I do getting dirty it works.

Good luck on you search.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This is more the direction I want to go. Whats you (before and after) thoughts on street handling?
The ride is great. I would say close to stock. Before the RK coils I had spacers any they did nothing to help with the weight. Even a bump in the road and you noticed the extra 150lbs setting on the front end. Now with the RK coils it feel like nothing is there.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
RK 1.5 coils paired with Rancho 9000s. Rear brake line relocation brackets, Rear axle trackbar bracket (TF), TF fixed Sport LCAs for front, longer sway bar links front and rear. Will get you riding smooth for under a K

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
RK 1.5 coils paired with Rancho 9000s. Rear brake line relocation brackets, Rear axle trackbar bracket (TF), TF fixed Sport LCAs for front, longer sway bar links front and rear. Will get you riding smooth for under a K
This is what I did except I didn't do control arms and ride is great, much better than stock.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The RK 1.5" is a good choice but you should also consider just installing a 2" spacer lift and some softer shocks like a the 9000XLs. The factory coils are dynamically tuned (all 4 coils designed to work in unison at a variety of speeds and conditions) but the Rubi/HR shocks can be stiff for some.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I would make the choice based on how much weight (bumpers, winch, armor) I was adding. If I added much weight I would do coils. Keeping stock bumpers you could do spacers.

·
Super Moderator
22,078 Posts

with such a low lift not really needing track bars as they most likely will move you the wrong way too much and camber is what it is. Caster should not be off much either at 2" lift. I have personal experience with 1.5" lifts from RK, Teraflex performance coils, 2" spacer lift from AEV and for what you are wanting save your money and go with the AEV spacer kit. All three will give the same amount of lift and all three will be great on the highway on long trips.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
OME Medium duty lift kit with the ARB or Rancho shocks and a set of Rancho geometry correction brackets.

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts