Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 Rubicon with a six inch lift on 35s. My wife was home the day I bought it. She has Crohns so, she's not always up to going out.

To soften her up to the idea, I brought home an FJ Cruiser so she could sit in it. It was bone stock. She thought it was comfy, and warmed up to the idea of going back to an off-road SUV. Told her the price, which we both thought was rediculous (38k for '13!!!), and told her there was a Jeep at a dealer next door for a better price. She gave me her blessing, and off I went. Besides the price, I .... kept details to a minimum.

So not to sound like a bad husband, but I honestly didn't have any intention of getting the FJ Cruiser, and had my eye on the Jeep the entire time. Thing is, while she likes it, she has a terrible issue getting into the Jeep. I've even purchased different handles that go on the A-Pillar, but she's just too weak and short to be able to hoist herself up into the seat, even with the side step.

That's when she recommended going to a stock suspension setup.

:puke:

So I came up with a compromise! I now just pick her up groom style and lift and set her up into the seat every time. I get to keep the Jeep as it is, and she feels like a princess every time we go somewhere.

:bop:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Good idea. My buddy had a short wife and a 70 something K5 Blazer on 40s. He kept a step ladder behind her seat. She walked right in the Blazer and he folded and stowed the ladder. Never broke a sweat.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I keep a folded step stool behind the passenger seat. Folds flat, could even fit under the back seat. Great for Mom, wife in a dress, or any other passenger that has trouble stepping up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Rock Slide Engineering step sliders. We just put them on a new jeep we picked up in July. In my opinion They are pretty expensive after buying the additional skid plate(This should be included or they should be built thicker) but there is nothing else like them on the market. These things make it so my elderly mother can climb in the jeep with ease. The kids love them to.

Reactions: Silentfoe

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I have the Hard Rock Rock sliders that tilt down instead of up. And as often as I can I park next to a curb so she can more easily step up and in or out and down.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the Hard Rock Rock sliders that tilt down instead of up. And as often as I can I park next to a curb so she can more easily step up and in or out and down.
When there's a curb, I do try to park next to it for her, as it greatly helps. But. that's not always an option, especially when I pick her up from work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My wife is 5' even and my Jeep has 35's and a 2.5" lift. I intentionally park passenger side in a snowbank just to watch her climb in it. lol.

Seriously though, she's gotten good at getting into it. I never have to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts