Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i've been doing a bit of research to get a new antenna.. silly, probably.

just wondering feedback on any? seems like the antenna x offroad is the popular choice but some people are saying there are cheaper ones that work just as well.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Mine works fine, others hate theirs. Your decision.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Got me AnttenaX and could not be happier with it.
I have the short rubber one, and beside that looks much better, the reception is good.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Are you putting this on your Civic? :hide:
Go back to your YJ forum.

Stubby was the first modification I did. The long silver antenna that is stock sways constantly.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Go back to your YJ forum.

Stubby was the first modification I did. The long silver antenna that is stock sways constantly.
Erm, I have a JKU as well!

I agree the stocker does move around a lot; it's flimsy compared to my OEM YJ one. The antenna style is personal preference. I was just having fun! :thumb:...for me, there is no way I would put one on my JKU, not even on my GC SRT8. There is a loss in reception, some will not be affected by this though depending where you live.

·
Supporting Vendor
621 Posts
we have a couple of choices in our signature below, we personally run the 13" off-road antenna on our wrangler. We're at the SEMA show here in Vegas and have seen a few of our antennas on some of the Jeeps:

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've noticed considerable reception loss on my antennaX vs the stock whip antenna. But I figured as much, since I don't live near a big city.

Still, the stubby rubber antenna is so much nicer in every other way so I'm keeping it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just cut my stock antenna down to 14", glued the little ball back on the end, and spray painted it black with rustoleum. Haven't really noticed any reception loss unless in the mountains. Cost...about 25 minutes of time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Mine works great and best part it's not being branch whipped on the woods anymore.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Mine wouldn't pick up a signal very well at all. The only good thing I got out of it is the adapter. Most antenna kits adapters will not fit a Jeep. If you live in a larger city then the 13-14 will work alright but once you get out on the trail or if you live in a smaller city, the reception just sucks with these short antennas. I tried both from Antenna X and one from Autozone and all of them I had static on. I ended up getting a little longer one in black from Autozone and ir worked just fine but had to use the adapter from the Antenna X stubby.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had one on my JKU. I am now back to my stock one, only plasti-dipped. The shorty worked great for FM channels near the city, but is not nearly as good as the stock one at range.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Reception for me in the suburbs of a large city has been reduced from a clear signal to one with frequent static.

For the time being, I am leaving the stubby on because it looks cool and with the one free year of satellite radio, I almost never listen to FM. We will see what happens to it next July when the free satellite runs out. Hopefully a good substitute for the stubby will be available.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts