Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after buying our ‘13 JKU, my Husband bought an after market shorty antenna off of Amazon (I think) that looked cute but had awful reception so we returned it...

It’s been a few years and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with these shorty antennas - maybe the technology has improved? Or maybe there’s a better brand out there?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
There are people who will claim they work and have no problem.
Part depends where you are and how close the stations are to you.

Longer antennas perform better.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are people who will claim they work and have no problem.
Part depends where you are and how close the stations are to you.

Longer antennas perform better.
We had been living in Cincinnati which can be fairly hilly so that may have contributed to the poor reception. We even met someone in the local Cincy Jeep club who switched to one of the shorty antennas just for aesthetics but had to listen to music through a satellite radio :)

Maybe we can give it another try once in Nashville but it sounds like the technology has not improved from before....

·
Knows a couple things...
48,957 Posts
Just use a standard antenna, don't be so concerned with its looks. Antenna lengths are RF signal wavelength-driven, not according to the current style. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha- you’re right...I guess I was wanting our Jeep to look stylish and cute (and not have the antenna whip around in the car wash) but the Jeep is stylish enough...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts