Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been lurking for a while but this will be my first post. I really want to buy a Jeep but being in college and all money is pretty tight I was thinking about buying a 1995 two door wrangler 4.0l 5 speed with 130k miles. The interior looks factory new and the exterior seems pretty clean except for minimal rust near the back bumper. For 5000 would you say its worth it? Assuming there are no major mechanical problems. Was told to repost here.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Do you have the ad or any pictures of the jeep? These older jeeps aren't known for their reliability, but they're about as fun as they come! If your tight on money or don't really have Tim I'd suggest you look for a new one. How are your mechanical skills and capabilities? You're going to have a bad time if you aren't good at mechanical stuff. Also, rust is the killer of these things, so make sure the frame is clear of any rust before buying.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Where you are at rust is the big issue, if you see rust at the back bumper, chances are the rear frame by the spring hangers may be rotten. You need to crawl under the jeep with a small hammer or screw driver and poke around the frame at the rear. If there is carpet lift it up under the driver side and check the floor. Having 130000 miles is no big deal, these motors are very strong if maintained. Price isn't bad if everything else is good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts