Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a JK Wrangler X 2009 4dr with manual tranny. I don't really like the manual transmission and several other things about this jeep. I was thinking of trading it in and getting a new either 4dr or 2dr rubicon with automatic tranny. I would also upgrade to dual top group and the green paint job that I've always wanted from the beginning before I got this jeep. I like the idea of getting the 4.10 gears and the dana 44 axle. What do you guys think? Bad idea or good idea? I assume I'll lose a good amount of money on my 2009 jeep. How much should I expect to lose?

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I thought all JKs came with D44 front and tears? I love my manual tyranny for my TJ but different strokes for different folks I guess. I also am not a fan of the 4 doors but once again it is your opinion that counts. I suggest going to the dealer and test driving both to see what you prefer.

EDIT: Also all Jeeps have a very high resale value so I wouldn't expect to lose too terribly much but then again I have no idea so don't quote me on that.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
A new Rubi will cost you more than you'll get out of your used X... But if you like the features of the Rubi, and don't mind paying for them, then find out what the market is bearing on similar to yours, and sell it yourself, then go get your Rubicon. Pretty sure only Rubi's get the D44 in front, and the 4:10 gears..... Of course you also get e-lockers and e-discos....

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I currently have a JK Wrangler X 2009 4dr with manual tranny. I don't really like the manual transmission and several other things about this jeep. I was thinking of trading it in and getting a new either 4dr or 2dr rubicon with automatic tranny. I would also upgrade to dual top group and the green paint job that I've always wanted from the beginning before I got this jeep. I like the idea of getting the 4.10 gears and the dana 44 axle. What do you guys think? Bad idea or good idea? I assume I'll lose a good amount of money on my 2009 jeep. How much should I expect to lose?
Trade it in for a '05 Rubi and get a real jeep.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Trade it in for a '05 Rubi and get a real jeep.
my jk ran over the top of my (as you call it real jeep) now i only have my jk left!!! but thats ok it sooooooooooooo much better!!:flipoff:
yes get the rubi you will love it and the auto is very nice, i think you would be very happy with it!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The advice I heard was to take it to Car MAx and get them to quote me on it and then make sure the dealer doesn't offer me a penny less than that value. Does this sound like a decent plan? Will I get a discount on the rubicon because of customer loyalty? I remember hearing about that when I went to get my first jeep.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Sell it yourself, you'll recoup more $......

·
Registered
128 Posts
If your going to be making payments you might as well make payments on what you want. If they ever put a diesel in one I'll be in line trading in my 2009 JK 4dr X for a diesel Rub 4dr no matter what the hit. Just don't let the dealership Cheat you on your trade!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts