Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Hey there. I have not ran those lights and it might be hard to get feedback if others here haven't. They seem quite inexpensive and you may end up getting just what you pay for. Typically the Quadratec house brand items are very reasonable and the ones you posted are considerably cheaper. I also didn't note anything about them being DOT compliant. That may not be a huge deal but if you're spending several hundred dollars on headlights they should at least be street legal IMO.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Those look nearly identical to the Inspired Engineering Light Worx 7".

I'm not sure who IE uses to manufacturer their stuff, but it's pretty good stuff. I've had a set in my Hard Rock since day one, and I have no complaints.

IE is also a supporting vendor here.

good luck

Exco

·
Registered
72 Posts
I actually just ordered these. They seem legit and I love the design. Mine should be here by the end of the week. I will let you know how I feel after I install them.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just ordered the same design but by genissi. They were $79 per light off amazon. It'll be interesting to compare as I think they're all manufactured by the same chinese company under different names.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The main issue I see is that there is no beam cutoff to keep the light from blinding oncoming drivers. The only headlights I could recommend for HID or LED would be ones that come with projectors to keep the light from scattering too high into other drivers' eyes. They look cool no doubt, but I'd probably stick with something that is truly DOT approved.

·
Registered
665 Posts
personally, I don't like the 'spider eyes' look of those many led headlights.

·
Registered
655 Posts
So I ended up canceling the Genissi and ordering the Prime shipping Lantsun ones.

I just installed the lights. They are great. Arrived the next day installation was pretty easy. Hardest part was aiming the lights so they were level. Very bright. Only flickered very slightly for first 30 secs in the cold. Although they are not heated they seem to put out more heat then the stock lights when on full. Only the center line lights up while in normal driving mode and then they all light up with brights. Only thing is that once the brights are put on it becomes more of a spotlight. Def worth the $79 apiece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts