Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a chance to get some 17" walker evens , but they don't come with tires but a good price but I will still have to spend money to get new tires

The problem is I just brought new tires and dealing with selling them as a whole or parted my be more of pain then I want to deal with

Also I am not seeing the big deal with dropping down to 17s , I think the only reason I thinking of doing it because the issue people have with 20s on a jeep
37/13.50/20

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
don't switch just because of what people think about them, particularly if it's just gonna be a headache. If you like them, keep them.

unless, of course, you're looking to pick up some beadlocks.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
don't switch just because of what people think about them, particularly if it's just gonna be a headache. If you like them, keep them.
^This...

Don't you run 37's on your 20's?

Who gives a crap about what other people think? Unless they want to start paying for the part they they think you should run....screw em.

The only reasons I would consider dropping from what you have to 17's would have nothing to do with looks or what other people think I should run.

It would be because tires are probably cheaper, overall wheels are probably lighter, and you have more sidewall and room to air down. But being that I don't hardcore off-road, I would pretty much only care about the first two reasons because they equal money in my pocket. But as far as looks go....37's on 20's look fine to me.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Your jeep has nice proportions. There's enough rubber on those rims and clearance to the fender that you don't notice the size of the rim. I hate large rims and I really like the look of your jeep.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Get the beadlocks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Crap leave it the way it is! They don't even look like twenties, they match the lift perfectly. It looks real good!

·
Registered
750 Posts
ur crazy to change , it looks awesome. 37's & 20's are a perfect combo. screw whoever dont like your wheels. haters gonna hate

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Have you been to a place where you've told yourself "What I really need in this situation is another 1.5 inches of sidewall squishyness (or bead locks depending on rims)"?

If so, change it.

If not, leave all that's well alone.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
This is really ironic, just yesterday you were crusading for dubs and the unquestionable right to roll on them and today you are considering giving them up for the antithesis of dubs: Walker Evans beadlocks. :rofl:

The Walker's are outstanding wheels but without the tires its going to be expensive. Besides if your dubs are holding up off road and you obviously favor them, why change now?

Good luck with your decision. Do whatever makes you and your wallet happy! Maybe 24s with 42" tires instead?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Wow! The champion of 20's is reconsidering his opinion. I sense a disturbance in the force. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love my 20s and the setup , what bothers me is will I like the ride and is it worth doing for off road

The tires I will get will still be E rated and I don't have a issue off road , about the only thing I can think of that the 17s will help is for wash board roads

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts

unless, of course, you're looking to pick up some beadlocks.
^^This.

Do the 20s make you giggle? If so, and you ditch em, when you're 50 you'll think, damn, I wish I'd had the balls to keep my 20s.

Or not. :)

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Your jeep has nice proportions. There's enough rubber on those rims and clearance to the fender that you don't notice the size of the rim. I hate large rims and I really like the look of your jeep.
Talk about a sexist post...please. :)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I run 20s on 35s and there's tons of sidewall. I think your jeep looks well proportioned, no need to switch it up to please others.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I think Bully looks bad :mooning: just how he is. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your Jeep looks good the way it is. If it works for you and the change is a hassle why bother.

And about 17" tires being cheaper. How many sets of tires will you have to buy to make up the money spent upfront. Even if it is only two sets because you do good on selling the current wheels, that is most likely years before the change is cost effective(unless you buy a lot of tires).

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Looks great the way it is!

But if you're looking to save money in the future going with 17s will be cheaper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts