Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my jeep about 6 months ago and it had a 4 inch lift on it, also the paint and frame don't have one scratch or a dent or a bit of rust
Pros that I've added
Ford 8.8 axle
New alternator battery waterpump upper control arms
New shocks
New stinger bumper
Smittybilt Tire gate and tubular bumper
Air aid cold air intake
Magna flow exhaust
Delta light bar
New sound system
Neoprene seat covers
smittybilt grab handles
Bedlined grill
Just changed all my oils
5 steel rims
Led third brake lights
Cargo rack..
And some other stuff

Cons
Needs new tires fairly soon
Recently started leaking coolant
Slight death wobble at 40 mph
4 cyl
I'm just so sick of having to keep fixing something every other week.. idk I'm into this thing pretty deep already I'm sick idk what to do I love the jeep.. please give me suggestions

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Juhcohbee said:
So I bought my jeep about 6 months ago and it had a 4 inch lift on it, also the paint and frame don't have one scratch or a dent or a bit of rust
Pros that I've added
Ford 8.8 axle
New alternator battery waterpump upper control arms
New shocks
New stinger bumper
Smittybilt Tire gate and tubular bumper
Air aid cold air intake
Magna flow exhaust
Delta light bar
New sound system
Neoprene seat covers
smittybilt grab handles
Bedlined grill
Just changed all my oils
5 steel rims
Led third brake lights
Cargo rack..
And some other stuff

Cons
4 cyl
I'm just so sick of having to keep fixing something every other week.. idk I'm into this thing pretty deep already I'm sick idk what to do I love the jeep.. please give me suggestions
Also can anyone give me an estimated price they'd try and sell it for? Thanks!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UnlimitedRubicon said:
Yes.

Are you exaggerating out of frustration? Is this a toy or a daily driver?
Daily driver Im.not exaggerating I'm just out of highschool and have a full time job and I've been way late for work 4 times my boss is sick of it I dont wheel anymore

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UnlimitedRubicon said:
I was going to suggest buying a beater daily driver ...

but on second thought ...

SELL IT.
I just can't afford things breaking right now I need to save some money for college that's why.I'm not wheeling atm, but I love my jeep

·
Registered
535 Posts
Cons
4 cyl
I'm just so sick of having to keep fixing something every other week.. idk I'm into this thing pretty deep already I'm sick idk what to do I love the jeep.. please give me suggestions[/QUOTE]

KEEP IT! Better to know the problems you have and correct them, than get another and start from scratch with new and possibly worse problems!
You've obviously sunk some coin into this one, stick with the investment.;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a good looking jeep and ur problems are minor keep it and for the sake of the jeep take the dam thing wheeling keeps her happy

·
Registered
813 Posts
Honestly you will never get the money and time back that you've put into it especially as a 4cyl so if its not out of the question you should take the advice above and get an old reliable car and save that jeep for a now and then driver and something to tinker with, but if you can't afford it try to get as much as you can for it and if you still want a jeep get an unlifted and mechanically sound 4 or 6 cylinder jeep that might be newer. That way you can still do some trails every once in a while and you won't be tempted to try thing that can cause damage. Just my 2 cents I was in a similar situation when I got out of high school and was 'trying' to save money for college but my jeep kept stealing it out of my pocket. I ended up keeping the jeep and making sure everything was sound and stopped four wheeling as much and as hard. Now my jeep is mostly only stealing gas money and money for basic up keep (oil change and the occasional bad bushing 180000 miles on a 4 cyl) whatever you decide to do I hope it works out and that you either keep a jeep or by one again later down the road.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2JeepsThatRun said:
Honestly you will never get the money and time back that you've put into it especially as a 4cyl so if its not out of the question you should take the advice above and get an old reliable car and save that jeep for a now and then driver and something to tinker with, but if you can't afford it try to get as much as you can for it and if you still want a jeep get an unlifted and mechanically sound 4 or 6 cylinder jeep that might be newer. That way you can still do some trails every once in a while and you won't be tempted to try thing that can cause damage. Just my 2 cents I was in a similar situation when I got out of high school and was 'trying' to save money for college but my jeep kept stealing it out of my pocket. I ended up keeping the jeep and making sure everything was sound and stopped four wheeling as much and as hard. Now my jeep is mostly only stealing gas money and money for basic up keep (oil change and the occasional bad bushing 180000 miles on a 4 cyl) whatever you decide to do I hope it works out and that you either keep a jeep or by one again later down the road.
Hey thanks a lot man, I know I've fixed everything already .. its all under warranty

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chaseskii88 said:
That is a good looking jeep and ur problems are minor keep it and for the sake of the jeep take the dam thing wheeling keeps her happy
Thanks man, umm.. but my wheeling is hardcore lol it tends to go bad quickly I don't like just driving on dirt roads lol its full blown boulders lol idk I went two weeks ago and popped a tire..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chaseskii88 said:
It is an expensive hobby the most fun u can have in a box
I know dude I love it! And its my favorite vehicle on the road its just not fun when its your dd and Ur very tight on cash, idk dude I'm at a loss

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know how it is boss mine my dd and this pass week I've been crunching for gas money and stops about it but hey pay days coming lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
Also if it helps become a house painter with a some friends. Best job I had in high school and college since it was just like hanging out with my friends and you can get a ton of hours if you want. I was working 40-60 hours a week in the summer and that really helped pay for all the college and jeep stuff I wanted. Also chicks dig a guy coming back from work covered in paint from a hard days work in a doorless jeep ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
My old man was a union painter it is good pay but I'm looking into going to school for heavy machinery mechanic or if I can get on an oil rig for a couple years so I can open up my own custom shop I wanna start building bumpers roll cages all sorts of stuff

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
chaseskii88 said:
My old man was a union painter it is good pay but I'm looking into going to school for heavy machinery mechanic or if I can get on an oil rig for a couple years so I can open up my own custom shop I wanna start building bumpers roll cages all sorts of stuff
Cool, you have a plan... 1976 thru 1979 1 I owned a beautiful FJ40... Did lots of wheelin all over So Cal.. Yes, it was an expensive hobby, ( ha! Back then that FJ 40 sold brand new for $7200 and gas was 76 cents a gallon) My EX-wife, and EX-mother in law,, insisted we sell it, as my son was on the way, and it was time to " settle down ".. It was a constant argument, so, to keep the peace, I sold it... Selling that FJ40 is one of the top 5 mistakes of my life.... My best advise,,, stop spending money on " upgrades ", get rid of that cold air intake, it is useless, and start spending money on making your jeep reliable... don't sell it..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rubicondon53 said:
Cool, you have a plan... 1976 thru 1979 1 I owned a beautiful FJ40... Did lots of wheelin all over So Cal.. Yes, it was an expensive hobby, ( ha! Back then that FJ 40 sold brand new for $7200 and gas was 76 cents a gallon) My EX-wife, and EX-mother in law,, insisted we sell it, as my son was on the way, and it was time to " settle down ".. It was a constant argument, so, to keep the peace, I sold it... Selling that FJ40 is one of the top 5 mistakes of my life.... My best advise,,, stop spending money on " upgrades ", get rid of that cold air intake, it is useless, and start spending money on making your jeep reliable... don't sell it..

The cold air intake was the first thing I bought I regret it I didn't do research.but I didn't care to sell itfor 50$ and to makemore reliable th he new battery alternator waterpump and all that is making it reliable but now its leaking coolant again

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
It'd be cheaper to get her mechanically sound. Once she's straight then you can decide if you want to sell or not. Besides you'd want that stuff fixed before selling anyway.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts