Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I purchased another tj about a month ago 05 impact orange.... An older gentlemen had it and took great care of it but had it chromed out.I took all the chrome off ,bumpers,nerf bars,mirrors,grille cover ect. Everything except the wheels just to costly at the moment to buy new ones....I am thinking of having them powder coated black in the future or should I leave them as is?? Or sell and buy new wheels all together?? They are mopar OEM and expensive $345.00 each I will try to get a pic and post it soon on the tj.

I bought new bumpers and painted everything else that was chrome, black lol.I ordered a poison spider trailgate that will be here this week but will be a few weeks before I get it completed.Planning on a Bds 2" lift and new tires in the future just not sure on the wheels what do you all think??

Thanks,
Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You can pick up a set of 5 15in black d-window wheels for under $350

and good luck on even getting $30 a piece for your old set, you might be able to sell them for $100 for all of em

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Yeah lucky to get $100 or so for all 4, just because the "stealership" says they'll charge you that much for them- doesn't meant they're actually worth that much.. If you go with wider tires you'll be better off wheels that have the proper backspacing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
wheels

well just like tires wheels are use and need spacific too. if looks are what your after go for it. with a 2" lift and for a lot of general use. daily driver to dirt roads might even want to go to 16" and use a P265/75R16 ( 32/1050R16) good alterrian. almost all the wheels will have a 4.5" backspace and a huge selection. that combo will fill up the wheel well really nice, make it look great. on road very stable quite smooth and just inside the wheel wells. will work good just about everywhere high cut resistance isn't required. if your into wheeling, thats different. might want to look at interco new birddog wheel.
good wheeling

1 - 4 of 4 Posts