Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i wanted to see how my TJ looks without the sidesteps.

Would you remove them or keep them?
Sould i install some rocker guards instead?

With sidesteps:

Without sidesteps:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
it wasn't too long ago that you put those on right? I still have nerfs on my rig, but will switch to guards with a side step asap when I get the money.
I hope you are driving with or with out both, cause that would just look goofy :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Really up to you, I like my nerf bar but I plan on getting the rocker guards with built in tubes sooner or later.

~Lev

·
Registered
981 Posts
Honestly...they look better on imo. But, people say they aren't good to have for off-roading so it's up to you. I need them to get into ours.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I like mine for the time being, they've deflected quite a few stumps and rocks. however I really like the look of sliders with the step bar on it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My concern with the rockers and slider tubes is that they are only like 2 inches lower than the door sill anyway, so they dont help that much for entry and exit like nerf bars. But they do look wicked cool.

I like how3 the nerf bars actually hide the frame of the vehicle from view a little bit.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
You can look into Jeeperman sliders. They make them for 1" BL's. and you'll still get some protection, better than the chrome :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just took mine off the TJ I bought on Friday. They look like they sell for $45-50 on ebay. I say keep them off and use the ebay $$ for the rocker panels you want...
Cheers!
Jeff

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
I'm not a big fan of nerf bars, but yours look OK to me. They hide some of that body lift you got.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Lose them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
... yours look OK to me. They hide some of that body lift you got.
x2. Actually, nerf bars are growing on me. I now like their look, and they're functional, as well. My kids can get in & out of the jeep without too much trouble. The rocker guard tubes, I think are too high, and too narrow for them.

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
This is what the steps look like when you go wheeling with them on...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts