Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Should I sell my 2013 Rubi rims? Will they ever be collecters item and go up in value?
doubt it. There will be at least 1-2 more model years with that rim and there are a TON of wranglers being made each year. Not to mention they're on craigslist almost everyday. There's nothing really special about them. A lot of cars (non-jeeps) have almost identical rims starting in 2012.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yes in about 100 years somebody who is restoring an old 2013 jeep will pay top dollar for them. No matter what anybody else says I believe in 100 years you will make a killing on them.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I'm not understanding the point of this thread.

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
Anyone running 37's on the new rubicon wheels? Possible? I will likely sell my rubi rims and buy aftermarket, but depending on how the rubicon rims look on the granite crystal I may try keeping the rubicon wheels with some 37's if possible.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anyone running 37's on the new rubicon wheels? Possible? I will likely sell my rubi rims and buy aftermarket, but depending on how the rubicon rims look on the granite crystal I may try keeping the rubicon wheels with some 37's if possible.
I was thinking the same thing, I like the look of the current Rubicon wheels and with a 1.75" wheel spacer it will bring the backspacing to 4.5" which I'm pretty sure is ideal for most lifts.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
yes in about 100 years somebody who is restoring an old 2013 jeep will pay top dollar for them. No matter what anybody else says I believe in 100 years you will make a killing on them.
100 years might be a stretch... but in 50 years, classic car shows will just be filled with 2013 vehicles!

·
Registered
193 Posts
35's... yes. 37's... no. That tire is too big for a 7.5 wide wheel.
The 35's are stretching it but while its' "not recommended", it's common.

If you like the look of the Rubi wheel and want to have something different (a 37 on that wheel), OMF in Riverside Calif can widen the wheel to the 9" (or so) that you will need to make it work.
I had my stock '13 rubi wheels beadlocked by OMF and that widened it to 8".

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
35's... yes. 37's... no. That tire is too big for a 7.5 wide wheel.
The 35's are stretching it but while its' "not recommended", it's common.

If you like the look of the Rubi wheel and want to have something different (a 37 on that wheel), OMF in Riverside Calif can widen the wheel to the 9" (or so) that you will need to make it work.
I had my stock '13 rubi wheels beadlocked by OMF and that widened it to 8".
Oh yeah, forgot the stock rims are only 7.5.:facepalm: I am looking at some 37x12.50 tires. I was planning on aftermarket rims anyway, but thought it would be cool to keep the rubi rims IF I liked the look with the granite crystal.

I don't like the look of the Rubi wheels enough to go to all that trouble of widening them. Definitely would be cheaper to buy aftermarket wheels and sell the rubi wheels.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sold my Rubi wheels (older style) with KM tires that had 23,000 mi. of wear for $500 on CL. They sold in less than 2 hours, I thought I should have asked for more.

·
Registered
784 Posts
BS. I know plenty of guys running 37s on Rubi wheels and they wheel the hell out of em in the rocks. Width isn't an issue, its the backspace. Throw a set of spacers on and run em, if you like em. A lot of guys prefer to run 12.5 on 8" rims, 1/2" isn't that big of a deal. Think of it as poor man beadlocks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot the stock rims are only 7.5.:facepalm: I am looking at some 37x12.50 tires. I was planning on aftermarket rims anyway, but thought it would be cool to keep the rubi rims IF I liked the look with the granite crystal.

I don't like the look of the Rubi wheels enough to go to all that trouble of widening them. Definitely would be cheaper to buy aftermarket wheels and sell the rubi wheels.
I will correct my bs... if the tire is only 12.5 wide then yes. That's the same as most 35s. If the width is 13.5+ then good luck. :hide:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts