Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 2013's are coming out soon, should I jump on the chance to snag a 2012 for a fair price? I don't need any fancy things. Just a/c and a hardtop.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Did you mean 2014's are coming out soon and you shoud get a 2013?

I don't know...really only you can answer this question.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Wait until closer to the end of the month if you wanna buy now...the dealerships are more motivated to meet selling quotas to get those bonuses for number of units moved off their lots.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait until closer to the end of the month if you wanna buy now...the dealerships are more motivated to meet selling quotas to get those bonuses for number of units moved off their lots.
I was thinking of waiting until December... or is that too long of a wait? I wanna gather some cash to put as a down payment. I already have $3500, but I wanna put at least 6k down. I'm sure by then the 2013's would be much cheaper?

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you find a 2013 on a lot in December that is not used I will be surprised. The 2014 will start hitting the lots in Aug/September. You can save a few bucks on a 2013 when the 2014s roll out but I don't think "much cheaper" is going to happen......Jeep hold their value too well. Good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I found my 2012 JKU Rubicon on the lot in November last year when 2013s were going strong...it happens. You'll have less choices though.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I found my 2012 JKU Rubicon on the lot in November last year when 2013s were going strong...it happens. You'll have less choices though.
This.

You'll still be able to find some 2013s....just the pickings will be slimmer....you might not get all the options you want. Now if you're not picky, then this is clearly the way to go as the dealership will be more motivated to get those 2013s off their lot

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
End of month, end of quarter, end of year.

Those of the best times to buy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
End of month, end of quarter, end of year.

Those of the best times to buy.
Do you think I'd have a chance at finding a 2013 in December? :hide:

I plan on going with 5k down, and I have the Tread Light program too.
What do you think I might be able to save?

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Do you think I'd have a chance at finding a 2013 in December? :hide:

I plan on going with 5k down, and I have the Tread Light program too.
What do you think I might be able to save?
I'm sure there will be 2013's around in December of 2013, but know one knows if they will be in the color you want with the options you want.

Honestly, if you have an Affiliate Membership, I would order now and try to get at least 3% under invoice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's see... did I do my calculations correctly?

Jeep Wrangler Sport S
MSRP: $25,935
Invoice price: $20,748 (I calculated 2% off MSRP?)
Tread Lightly program: $18,000 (1% off invoice price)
Down payment: $5,000 (including TTL)

$13,000 for a JEEP?! (give or take)

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Let's see... did I do my calculations correctly?

Jeep Wrangler Sport S
MSRP: $25,935
Invoice price: $20,748 (I calculated 2% off MSRP?)
Tread Lightly program: $18,000 (1% off invoice price)

$13,000 for a JEEP?! (give or take)
I don't think that is correct...it will be more expensive then that. That invoice price looks more like 20% off MSRP instead of 2%. And your TL discount looks more like 10% instead of 1%.

Ignore MSRP. Look of the invoice price on Edmunds or Truecar and go from there. As far as your Affiliate Discount goes, 1% below invoice is the most you can be charged, you are free to negotiate more.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think that is correct...it will be more expensive then that. That invoice price looks more like 20% off MSRP instead of 2%. And your TL discount looks more like 10% instead of 1%.

Ignore MSRP. Look of the invoice price on Edmunds or Truecar and go from there. As far as your Affiliate Discount goes, 1% below invoice is the most you can be charged, you are free to negotiate more.
Oops, yeah. Added an extra zero :whistling:

According to True Car, the invoice price for the Wrangler is $22,710, but that's just for the Sport base, not the Sport S. I can't seem to find that model anywhere.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Oops, yeah. Added an extra zero :whistling:

According to True Car, the invoice price for the Wrangler is $22,710, but that's just for the Sport base, not the Sport S. I can't seem to find that model anywhere.
The Sport S isn't so much a model as it is an option package for the base Sport. The invoice price for that package (around $2000) should be out there.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Sport S isn't so much a model as it is an option package for the base Sport. The invoice price for that package (around $2000) should be out there.

Yep! Found it! I had to add the option
$23,855 invoice price for the Sport S.

So...
Invoice: $23,855
TL Program: 23,855 - 238.55 = $23,616.45
Dealership incentive: $500 any new car purchase

TOTAL: $18,116

·
Registered
196 Posts
There's a slight markup on the 2014's. If you don't bite now, you're at the mercy of whatever the dealerships have left over.

If you order a month or so before you're ready to actually buy, you'll get exactly what you want without all the fru-fru or lack of fru-fru you don't and you'll have the down payment you want.

IMO, dealer left-over that late in the year is probably left-over for very good reason.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Yep! Found it! I had to add the option
$23,855 invoice price for the Sport S.

So...
Invoice: $23,855
TL Program: 23,855 - 238.55 = $23,616.45
Dealership incentive: $500 any new car purchase

TOTAL: $18,116
It is still going to be a bit more than that. Depending on your state, TTL could run you $1500-$2000.00

Luckily, you should be able to do better than 1% below invoice. Shoot for 3% below. Don't settle for anything less than 2% below invoice. Did you check to see if that includes destination fee as well?

I'd be weary of that particualr dealer incentive.

Your numbers will be more like an invoice price of $23,000 (if your above price already includes destination) minus $5000 down payment (now $18,000) plus TTL (could be another $1750). = $19,750. The good thing is that you don't have to deal with a trade-in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is still going to be a bit more than that. Depending on your state, TTL could run you $1500-$2000.00

Luckily, you should be able to do better than 1% below invoice. Shoot for 3% below. Don't settle for anything less than 2% below invoice. Did you check to see if that includes destination fee as well?

I'd be weary of that particualr dealer incentive.

Your numbers will be more like an invoice price of $23,000 (if your above price already includes destination) minus $5000 down payment (now $18,000) plus TTL (could be another $1750). = $19,750. The good thing is that you don't have to deal with a trade-in.
Well, the $5000 was going to be a trade in, ($3400 was offered at the dealership, plus another 1k I'd put down) but I figured to sell privately and make some more money. Or should I trade it in? :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts