Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO STEELERS !
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a thud occasionally while turning left. I just got back from Death Valley and a lot of wash board roads. Checked my ball joints and noticed a little up and down play on the drivers side upper ball joint. Maybe 1/16th up and down. In the pics the play is the gap where the feeler gage is ? I can't find anything else out of whack so is it time for new ball joints?

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,008 Posts
As a suggestion, I would make sure that something else isn't loose, like maybe your Track Bar.

As for your Ball Joints, 1/16" isn't very much play. But it is a sign, of worse to come. If you are running bigger tires and or different back spacing (wheels/tires moved out further), then I would definitely replace the Ball Joints, with a HD Grease-able type. The original factory installed non-grease-able Ball Joints, just don't last long term, in most cases..IMO

Currently I am running out my stock tires, but when I get ready to replace them with larger, then I'm going with a set of Dynatracs. They are expensive Ball Joints, but they are of high quality and I only want to replace them one time!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts