Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a shop pop this bumper into place while they were doing some other work. Eveyrthing is good, and it's solid and strong. This weekend I was installing my winch, and noticed that these two bolt holes are empty. The bumper actually goes underneath this support. It seems like there shoudl be bolts here - particularly since the winch is attached to the bumper, not the frame.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
844 Posts
If the steel bumper is installed to the frame and the winch is installed to at least four hard points you should be good. It looks like the same bumper I installed on my JKUR.
It is a heavy piece of steel and other then a cheap coating has done well on several hard recoveries. Next year just buy a few cans of paint to cover the rust that will show up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine original didn't have any there. I put on a rough country bumper and it didn't use those holes either.

My bumper connects with 10 bolts. 4 on each side on the front then 1 on each side near the red circles but going into the frame sideways.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the steel bumper is installed to the frame and the winch is installed to at least four hard points you should be good.
Yeah, the bumper is bolted directly to the front of the frame (8 bolts?), and the winch is bolted to the bumper with 4 bolts (onto the baseplate). My brain thinks those missing bolts will cause the bumper to 'roll up', but that's not the direction the pull is coming from . Okay, cool, thanks very much - I'll leave them open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts