Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I could use zip ties to strap my shovel to my basket rack? I'm afraid it will fly off around 50mph.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wouldn't do it........nylon straps with buckles may be better.........

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
small bungy cords or nylon straps is what I would use. I wouldn't trust zip ties.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of bungee cords, but was wasn't sure if they would work that well. I do have some black straps with a tightening buckle that dont really work. Maybe I'm using them wrong

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Hopefully no one rides my tail in the morning or they may be in for a surprise. Then of course, it is a Jeep and someone WILL be tailgating me as usual

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fabricate!My favorite word!Use your imagination,go to a hardware store-I'm thinking fence hoops,conduit clamps-there will be something better than ghetto-fabulous wire ties or bungee cords!Utilize your imagination!Free your mind,and the rest will follow!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fabricate!My favorite word!Use your imagination,go to a hardware store-I'm thinking fence hoops,conduit clamps-there will be something better than ghetto-fabulous wire ties or bungee cords!Utilize your imagination!Free your mind,and the rest will follow!
Exactly what I was thinking! Being an electrician my first thought was to use a "Mini" They are cheap and you can get them in quite a few different sizes. Check out the electrical department of your local hardware store.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts